Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heated Rear Window not working

**Ice**

Hi, I have a Avensis Vermont 2003 ( Old Model ) that the heated rear window has stopped working, I've checked fuses and there is power getting to the lines in the window (Both sides getting 12v) and theres no breaks in any of them. Ive heard about a bad earth may be the problem as one side should have 12v and the other side 0v..How do i check and where for a bad earth?

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks

Steve

You could start by putting in a new temporary earth.  Then, if it works you’ll know it was a bad earth. 

• Like 1

Hi..Thanks for your reply..How would i do that..would i have to take the panellinbg off the inside of the window?

Thanks..

As you’ve already checked it, you must know which one is the live so, connect a length of cable to the other side and earth it.  Then see if it works.

You only need access to the terminals, you shouldn’t need to remove anything.

Check the resistance and continuity across the 2 terminals, then resistance and continuity between 1 terminal and ground (car off) - if its a hatch or wagon, use the  tailgate striker for a ground - if it's a saloon, use a seatbelt bolt or door striker

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links