Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T27 saloon boot leak

Mark S.

Hello,

I have a 2009 Avensis T27. It has a leak on the right hand side in the boot under the carpet where the spare wheel is. So I whipped the bumper off and saw the seals on both vents at the back were hanging off like so. I then put some PUFlex around where the seals should be, let it dry overnight and put the bumper back on. I thought that would fix the problem as I had to do something similar with my previous 2006 Mercedes B Class and it fixed the problem.

But with the Avensis it hasn't. There is still a water leak on the right hand side in the boot. I think it could be coming from the light cluster. 

Could anyone offer some suggestions? I don't want my car to rot away due to a water leak.

Thanks

55929.jpg

55932.jpg

55927.jpg

55926.jpg

55931.jpg

• Like 1

is it more handy you think to pit a hole threw it if i ever come across this problem i think thats what i might do  put a hole threw it so can drain away. comes to those boot leeks god knows where they come in at 

Hi Mark,

Not an owner of an Avensis myself but about a month ago there was another member on here with a water leak like your experiencing on what I'm fairly sure was the same model but the estate version.

He had eventually stripped all of the interior trim out of the rear of the vehicle and don't believe he managed to identify where the water was coming from but seem to recall the water may have been finding it's way inside from high up in the rear of the car.

Have experienced on the Aygo which come from the high level brake light mainly but also the seals around the rear lights and the vents behind the rear bumper. They're well known and fairly easy to cure with silicone type sealer.

Have found that topic/post I mentioned, his initial complaint was excessive misting of the windows.

A read through the topic might help you track down the source of water.

hi, i would take everything out from the trunk, clean it dry it, add some material like dynamat (the cheapest one) and finish with the trank thing forever.

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-08 at 21.20.08 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-08 at 21.20.08 (2).jpeg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links