Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2013 diesel yaris soot accumalation in diesel particulate filtre

madaxleman

any advice welcomed on fault code P2463 diesel particulate filtre soot accumalation. The car has 66k miles on the clock & i have just done a high engine speed run of about 250 miles on the motorway but this did not clear the fault. Can anyone recommend a solution please other than replacing the cat?

Thanks Chris

There are places around that can remove and clean the cat, but I have never owned a diesel so I can't comment on it's success.

Also, that sort of mileage for for that age of car, (barely over 7,000 per year on average) - you're not doing enough mileage to keep the cat clear.
You really want to triple the annual mileage to get the benefit of diesel, or the same problem will more than likely reoccur. But you've probably figured that out by now.

If it doesn’t affect the drive by much you can simply keep driving it like that until sell the car or something bigger trouble happens and repair or replace is inevitable. That what I would probably do. If car only used on short trips it won’t be long after cleaning the blockage returns and same issue. 

7 hours ago, madaxleman said:

any advice welcomed on fault code P2463 diesel particulate filter soot accumulation. The car has 66k miles on the clock & i have just done a high engine speed run of about 250 miles on the motorway but this did not clear the fault. Can anyone recommend a solution please other than replacing the cat?

Thanks Chris

Was there another fault code as P2463 is virtually always a consequential code caused by another issue

there was a historic fault saying excess engine oil, which disappeared after a reset

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links