Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery issues, coolant light flashing 😫

KN58

Hi everyone, 

I have a 2008 1.8 corolla verso and recently I’m having some weird issues with the car. 

I went on holiday recently and when I came back the car’s Battery died completely and I wasn’t even able to unlock it. 

I figured that the Battery was totally dead and wasn’t even getting recognised by an auto xs Battery charger that I have so I went and replaced a new battery, left the car running for a bit with the new battery to verify that the alternator was charging the battery and looking at the charger it was clear that the alternator was fine since the voltage went up from 13.2 to 14. 

3 days later the car again wasn’t unlocking and the new battery had died so I plugged the charger in and clearly the battery had depleted in just 3 days. Recharge went fine and next morning the car started on the first try. I have recently installed an media player and reverse cam but I have checked it’s settings and it definitely turns off completely after ignition is off. 
I am not entirely sure what is causing the car to lose all the charge. 

The other problem that I have is that even when the car is fully warm, the coolant blue light keeps flashing and the fuel range isn’t getting calculated (video attached)This issue was there before the battery issues happened so I am not sure if the battery was the problem in the first place or there is something else going on with the car. I don’t have any other lights on dash just this one alone. 

can anyone please help why is this the case and what do I need to do to fix it? 

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links