Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Up to 10 years’ manufacturer’s warranty

bZ4X

From Toyota.co.uk 230120M-bZ4X-Press-Pack.pdf

"In common with every new Toyota, bZ4X is eligible for Toyota warranty protection for up to 10 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first). This comprises an initial three-year manufacturer warranty, followed by up to a further seven years of service-activated warranty. 
For the first three years of the car’s life, owners can have it serviced at a place of their choice. When the new car warranty period expires, they can then benefit from an additional 12 months (or 10,000 miles) warranty when their vehicle has a qualifying service at an authorised Toyota workshop. The warranty is provided at no extra cost, up to a limit of 10 years/100,000 miles. Terms and conditions apply; full details are available at www.toyota.co.uk."

In other words, for the first 3 years, bZ4X owners are free to go wherever they want for periodic vehicle maintenance. Am I getting it correct?

Strictly speaking yes, but if a warranty issue comes up you will have extra hurdles to get over to prove that the car has been serviced within warranty requirements.

• Like 1

I know for a fact my local garage wouldn't service one, anything still under a manufacturers warranty they tell the owner to take it to a main dealer for service.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, forkingabout said:

I know for a fact my local garage wouldn't service one, anything still under a manufacturers warranty they tell the owner to take it to a main dealer for service.

And it makes sense to be like that unless the owner is a garage/ car shop themselves and they can do all the necessary work by themselves and even so sometimes complications may happen therefore best to stick with official dealer for service in the first 3 years and then whatever you like really. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bZ4X said:

For the first three years of the car’s life, owners can have it serviced at a place of their choice.

Block Exemption legislation covers the manufacturers new car warranty period which allows owners to have their vehicles serviced at any VAT registered garage whilst maintaining the warranty. 

DIY servicing doesn't qualify.

However, what this means in effect is that the servicing schedule has to be the same and parts used of a similar standard to those used by the manufacturer.

Other garages may not have access to the manufacturer's electronic service history, so separate detailed records of servicing, parts used, etc need to be maintained and shown in the event of a warranty claim. Updates, etc may not be available outside the manufacturer's dealer network. Warranty claims and warranty work would still need to be dealt with by the manufacturer's dealer network.

Extended warranties aren't covered by Block Exemption, so to be eligible for the service generated Relax extended warranty, servicing has to be done by Toyota dealers. If servicing has been carried out outside the Toyota dealer network prior to the first service where the Relax warranty is generated, any faults apparent would need to be repaired before being covered by the Relax warranty.

So you pay your money and take your choice.

Toyota Relax TCs - 25.05.21_tcm-3060-2286757.pdf

• Thanks 1

The main thing is if it’s main dealer serviced then it has to be more attractive as a used car buy and worth more as a trade in that’s what I think anyway.

• Like 5

The other thing perhaps to note is that it is NOT "up to 10 years’ manufacturer’s warranty". A modern Toyota is covered by three years manufacturer's warranty (as it has long been) and may be covered by "Toyota Relax" warranty for a further seven years (up to 100,000 miles). Toyota Relax is provided by "Toyota (GB) PLC, Great Burgh, Epsom, KT18 5UX" rather than the manufacturer.

As Frosty / Mike says "you pays your money" and I am/will pay mine ... 🙂

Note: "Relax" doesn't appear quite as comprehensive as the earlier "Extended" warranty - Relax lists a whole load of things that are covered and anything not listed therefore isn't; Extended warranty used to cover everything not explicitly excluded - which was a pretty small and reasonable list.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links