Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat nav

Wayner44

Anyone had issues with satnav we have a 22 plate Corolla it’s slow at times compared to the one in the chr we had

I gave up with the Toyota nav in my 2020 Corolla. Using Apple Car play is loads better. Have you tried using either Android Auto / Apple car play, with Waze or google maps? 

• Like 1

Waze and Google maps,Toyota satnav seem to be notorious for problems.

TBH not noticed any issues with it.

But I mainly use my Tom Tom (have it stuck to the small window on driver door in a made-to-fit bracket) as i have always found this top.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

On the chr nav2018 my, when using navigation there was a menu for traffic etc on route. Gave a list of roadworks hold ups etc. Got the Smart Connect  in 22my Corolla and doesn't  seem evident. Can't  find it in manual etc. Was a good usefull feature. 

1 minute ago, Corolla Mike. said:

On the chr nav2018 my, when using navigation there was a menu for traffic etc on route. Gave a list of roadworks hold ups etc. Got the Smart Connect  in 22my Corolla and doesn't  seem evident. Can't  find it in manual etc. Was a good usefull feature. 

There are settings in the Smart Connect system to show various traffic information - it needs an active My T subscription to work.

Don't worry about standing traffic, the shouty woman should warn you before you get to it 🤣

• Like 1

I use it regularly and find it very good. Never had any issues with it

I have the smart connect Satnav mapping.  It works fine except I find the day contrast poor and some features such as railway lines practically invisible.  I notice the map base seems to be 2021.

I now prefer Google 

2019 Corolla, the map image is not a patch on my previous Citroen. That used the Ton Tom nav system and was very good. The Toyota system works okay, never had any problems but it was a pain updating the maps before the “free” 3 years were up.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I have the smart connect Satnav mapping.  It works fine except I find the day contrast poor and some features such as railway lines practically invisible.  I notice the map base seems to be 2021.

I now prefer Google 

That's the back up mapping data & is only used when the DCM has no connection.

The rest of the time the Smart Connect system uses live mapping data.

13 minutes ago, Dylanfan said:

2019 Corolla, the map image is not a patch on my previous Citroen. That used the Ton Tom nav system and was very good. The Toyota system works okay, never had any problems but it was a pain updating the maps before the “free” 3 years were up.

As a previous Peugeot owner that had Tom Tom connected sat nav system I hated it, how ever you configured it the system just ignored the preferences & tried to take you on a mystery tour.

I just used android auto Google mapping instead of the Peugeot Tom Tom 

The map & firmware updates where a pain plus a waste of fuel.

12 hours ago, forkingabout said:

As a previous Peugeot owner that had Tom Tom connected sat nav system I hated it, how ever you configured it the system just ignored the preferences & tried to take you on a mystery tour.

I just used android auto Google mapping instead of the Peugeot Tom Tom 

The map & firmware updates where a pain plus a waste of fuel.

Never update the Tom Tom maps, changed the car after three years. Never had any problems with mine.

I also have an old Garmin satnav that I use in my Xantia, years ago I paid for lifetime updates that is easy to do and it still works really well.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links