Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed limiter and sign recognition

dave007uk

Hello all,

This is my first post, I have had my corrolla for a few months now and can't work out if I am doing something wrong or not but..does the speed limiter work with the speed sign recognition or not ? Also can you get the set Speed to show on the heads up display 

First parts easy, no, you set the limit and the car is limited to the speed.

Second part, I don’t know, I haven’t a hud but someone here will know.

i have hud, it`s something i have never thought about , but i don`t think so.

Thanks, for the answer.. it's just odd that it doesn't work the same as the active cruise control. I find the speed limited really useful around towns etc but changing the speed is a bit of a slower process than on the active cruise 

• Like 1

Cruise control works above 30 mph. You can activate beep above the speed limit. If you set at 3mph limit,  it only beeps at  6 mph above speed limit

When using ACC, when the speed limit changes you can hold down the +/-buttons (as relevant) for a few seconds and the speed will automatically drop to the recognised speed limit

im not sure how accurate the sign recognition is though

• Like 1

My Yaris only does that if I enable the DRCC+RSA thing, which puts a green box around the RSA signs to show it's active, but it's buggy AF on mine so after playing with it I turned it back off again.

• 2 weeks later...

The Yaris Cross is weird, and I hate it.

If it sees a speed limit sign, it will use it regardless. If it doesn't see one for a while, it uses sat nav database.

In either case, it can be wrong. Often it will see 20 MPH signs for side streets or parallel roads and use that, or if driving in urban 30 limit with no signs, will use sat nav database which is also wrong!

!Removed! politicians want the system linked to a full-time speed limiter! Good luck!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links