Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota part query, do they have a silicone seal???

simers1983

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some info and help. I managed in the end to get a new handbrake module for my Avensis from yam6carparts.co.uk who were able to get it for a good price. Im going to have to go back to them tomorrow querying the part as annoyingly my mechanic has spent hours fitting it to have the initial fault clear but 2 new ones then come on. He said the first thing he noticed and that was odd was the unit had been sealed with grey silicone (the original one on the car doesn't have this) so he thought straight away that it had been opened up and then re-sealed (potentially being reconditioned? It was sold as new supposedly.) 

My question is do you know if parts have this silicone seal now that come direct from Toyota? I just want some ammo to go back to them with as I'm a little worried ive been sold a dud.

Moved to the Avensis forum

Hi, 

I can’t help you with direct answer to your question but if you look up your make and model here https://japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/toyota

find your part and see if there are any separate seals or gaskets or it is Toyota form in place sealant, which is grey silicone that you have to apply by hand. Toyota dealers sell that or you can buy any other brand suitable for your application. 
Good luck 

22 minutes ago, flash22 said:

New units need initialization and calibration - yep they're sealed with a grey sealant

http://www.surreyelectronics.com/leaflets/TOYOTA AVENSIS ELECTRONIC PARKING BRAKE SYSTEM.pdf

Thanks so much! Hopefully my mechanic can get this sorted. I think he just took off and put new one straight on so hopefully he can get it all calibrated and working  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links