Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Wireless Carplay Adapter

Paul john

I have just installed a Carlinkit Wireless Carplay adapter. Just wondering whether anyone else has experience of that adapter or anything similar that converts there wired to wireless carplay on a Prius 2020 or later. 

4C89AB3D-55C2-4352-9612-6CCD83E57F89.jpeg

I’m just looking around to see what others have done to go wireless. What are your thoughts on the Carlinkit so far Paul?

4 hours ago, Roger Johnson said:

I’m just looking around to see what others have done to go wireless. What are your thoughts on the Carlinkit so far Paul?

So far its been 50/50. There are random disconnects and some days it behaves perfectly. Im on the carlinkit forum on facebook and there seems to be a constant stream of firmware upgrades atm.
fyi iPhone is an xr and its a carlinkit 4 in a 2022 prius.  

• 4 months later...

Update:

I sent that v4 unit back after 2 weeks due to unreliability and connection issues. A truly awful experience, which i shared on their forum. Not so much the device but its integration with the 2020-2022 Toyota JBL head unit that was the issue.

Now wind forward 4 months  

last week i purchased the new v5 unit (cpcc-air).
Oh my days its a C change in experience. 

Connected first time! and although i spent 2 hours trying to replicate the issues that i had with the v4 and was unsuccessful…

Connects every time and has HD phone quality. 
A very nice unit to convert wired to wireless carplay. 

you can lock the unit to your choice of Carplay or Android Auto which drops the connection time at startup to 20 seconds .

btw I call the unit Jarvis for obvious reasons from the new UI interface. This appears on the head unit which i find amusing as “ Jarvis is now playing your Apple music playlist”

IMG_0416.jpeg

IMG_0414.png

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

ok 3 weeks in using Carlinkkit v5 and ZERO i mean ZERO issues. 
massive improvement over wired carplay. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links