Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key fob not locking, but is working after power reset

Frozensky

Hi,

I realize this forum has not a lot of posts. Let's see if somebody know this (guess it is not Wish specific anyway):

I have a 2008 Wish (I live in Taiwan). If I try to close the doors with the key fob, it denies (and blasts the horn). Usually this is an indication a door is not properly closed and/or sensor broken. However, I am able to close the doors with the key (manual) or the button inside, and it works fine.

While debugging this issue, I discovered after a power reset (removing and replacing the fuse of ECU-S circuit), I can lock the car with the remote. And it continues to work fine, until I once open/close a random door.

I suspect some state and/or relay is not reset correctly after closing a door. However, I do not know how the internals of the central door locking works and where to look. If someone has a tip to where to look, that would be awesome!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links