Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No sound from speakers

Archer606

Good evening 

My first post here, so hello everyone.

I have  2015 Auris hybrid and there is no sound coming through the Speakers when playing a CD, ipod ir on a phone call or using the sat navigation. I can see the cd playing on the display but nothing comes through.

I have changed the 15 amp fuse under the bonnet but this did nothing. I've been told that there are additional fuses in the amp unit but have no idea where it is or how to access it. I'm not even sure if this is the problem 

Can anybody help please ask the lack of music us driving my wife nuts

I do not know the answer, but would presume that if the display on the unit is working, it is nowt to do with the power supply. Are the Speakers connected to a plug that has come adrift from the unit? Just a thought. Another thought, have you sound from the radio? 🤔 And welcome to the forum.

Edited by dannyboy413
added a bit

Has the system been muted?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Has the system been muted?

Nope. That was my first thought 

3 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

I do not know the answer, but would presume that if the display on the unit is working, it is nowt to do with the power supply. Are the speakers connected to a plug that has come adrift from the unit? Just a thought. Another thought, have you sound from the radio? 🤔 And welcome to the forum.

No sound from the radio. Not sure about the Speakers

Turn the volume knob max-min few times, if no joy is possible to be a blown amplifier chip; then take the player to an electronics technician.

• 6 months later...

Hi Everyone-I have an Auris 2016 Hybrid Business Edition and exactly the same thing has happened to it. It went in for it's MOT on the 21/08/23, 1 week later, sound started to stop then start then stop, start and then stopped completely. Everything else works visually. Rear camera is working, Sat Nav is working, the media systems show as playing we just have No Sound from the Speakers. Hubby took car into local Toyota Dealership and they're saying the diagnostic system  says its an "internal fault with head unit" which is causing loss of Speakers and want us to pay £987.19 for a NEW HEAD UNIT...Ouch! Asking all knowledge folks on here...does this sound right/legit?

48 minutes ago, Friwikiwi007 said:

Hi Everyone-I have an Auris 2016 Hybrid Business Edition and exactly the same thing has happened to it. It went in for it's MOT on the 21/08/23, 1 week later, sound started to stop then start then stop, start and then stopped completely. Everything else works visually. Rear camera is working, Sat Nav is working, the media systems show as playing we just have No Sound from the speakers. Hubby took car into local Toyota Dealership and they're saying the diagnostic system  says its an "internal fault with head unit" which is causing loss of speakers and want us to pay £987.19 for a NEW HEAD UNIT...Ouch! Asking all knowledge folks on here...does this sound right/legit?

Hi Maureen, it is likely that the fault lies in the head unit. You could try and unplug the head unit and plug it back in again this sometimes works. There are places that will repair it from you but it normally requires you to remove the head unit and send it off.

It may be worth while if you have a local audio or repair shop that can take a look at it for you. It will obviously be cheaper then the price you have been quoted by your dealers.

Many places do refurbished head units at a fraction of the price of a new one. It's always worth phoning around a few.👍

• Like 1

I'm sure i have answered this before

remove the radio and unplug it, and plug it back in, you can also pop into the hidden menu and run a test on the system and Speakers, if you have phones paired to the radio delete/remove them from the radio

i take it you have the touch2 black glass with a CD slot

• 6 months later...

I unplugged and plugged in again…. Same problem. Sound comes when I turn it on and then dies. Like it is loosing power.

Or maybe it overheating and shutd down signal to the speakers….?

Could be aging leaky capacitors. Take it to an electronics repair shop, they should be able to swap them out.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

I had the same problem onbthe same car model and year. The issue is galvanic corrosion between the wire strands on speaker side and the two crimp ferrules inside the 2pol connector. You might notice white powder coming out of connector and slightly bloated wire insulation. 

Suggest you check for continuity between the two ends of the wire - one side being on the 4-pole connector of the small tweeter at the top of the door and the other the 2pole connector on the problematic speaker. If there is no continuity the issue is as I stated above. Cut the faulty connector and replace by a new one. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Andrew

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links