Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

oil hand pump to change engine oil alone

avensis_2018

hi all. can i change engine oil with no opening under the car, only from the check oil stick, i read about it, to use something like this one:

https://www.kanbkam.com/sa/en/orion-motor-tech-200ml-manual-fluid-extractor-and-filler-syringe-style-pump-for-power-steering-transmission-gear-oil-brake-fluid-changes-hand-vacuum-pump-for-atv-boat-automotive-fluid-extraction-B08H4Y3ZWW

change just oil without open the screw under the car.

does someone here did so ? if yes, what is the best easy tool to order ?

This is really bad idea introduced previous by German car manufacturers and then abandoned by most as you never able to drain out the oil completely and also the worst of all is that any debris, sludge, and all that rubbish will remain at the bottom of your engine oil pan and be sucked in circulation again with the new oil. Also Toyota cars has their oil filter fitted under or behind the engine block which means access only under the car. They have a small window cover specifically made for that purpose, open, twist and secure with a plastic clip, do your business and then close and secure with 3 clips, newer models use screws. Job done  

Save your money and change your oil the right way., drain and refill only. 
image.thumb.jpeg.433982e899ae3c6bda5f8acbbbd1b8ab.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It does work there is a lot of misinformation on these oil vacuums, it's no worse than any garage that does a spill and fill

the screen, in the pick up, picks up the big stuff and the filter picks up the rest before sending the oil throughout the engine

Never as good as a proper drain Bob. I've got one and use it now and again on my lawnmower when I'm feeling a bit lazy 😃 but the lawnmower only holds 600ml of oil, and not matter how much I try I always only manage to draw out 500ml ☹️

• Like 2

yes but 500ml * 8 it's all of it 🙂

if the pipe goes till it end of the oil pan, it sucks all of it out.

As you have to get under the car anyway to change the filter, is there much point. Draining it is the easier part compared to getting at the filter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

yes but 500ml * 8 it's all of it 🙂

if the pipe goes till it end of the oil pan, it sucks all of it out.

Still leaves about 100ml in the lawnmower 😃

• Like 1

There is a unwritten rule in Japanese cars and particularly Toyota’s and it’s not to remove an original part that it’s still working fine and install an aftermarket one, especially some particular brands. Also there is no need of doing things the more difficult way than how they are actually designed to be done.  
Nothing wrong to suck the oil out, however even in the best possible scenario doing so will likely leave double amount of old oil in against if you drain it the usual way. These cars doesn’t need pump like that for any applications, all fluids are simply drain and refill including brake fluid, coolant and transmission fluid. 👍

• Like 3

Only time I did this was when I had overfilled the oil above the max line and suctioned out about 600ml with a pump powered by a compressor via the dipstick pipe. But yeah I wouldn't do this for a regular oil change per other comments in this thread.

• Like 3

Reminds me of a don't care type of chap that I used to know, who just topped up oil in his MK1 Granada with any old stuff he could find for free on a building site.

So yeah, any oil better than no oil, and I agree, any oil change better than none.

But of course the right oil at the right time cannot be bettered.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Reminds me of a don't care type of chap that I used to know, who just topped up oil in his MK1 Granada with any old stuff he could find for free on a building site.

So yeah, any oil better than no oil, and I agree, any oil change better than none.

But of course the right oil at the right time cannot be bettered.

When I was young we had a Nissan (datsun) stanza that in its elderly years started on the oil heavy. So much so that eventually it was getting cheaper and thicker tractor engine oil. It was happy enough with it too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links