Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wireless Apple CarPlay & bZ4X

bZ4X

41 minutes ago, bZ4X said:

Has anyone tested wireless Apple CarPlay on bZ4X? 

Yes, works well for me. Use it mainly for Google Maps or Apple Maps. It's easy to set up.

• Like 2

Yes works fine. Sometimes doesn’t connect straight away (more likely issue with profiles on the car) but once connected works well. The dashboard map display works with Apple Maps but doesn’t seem to work with Waze. 

• Like 1

I am planing to switch to iPhone from Samsung just for this connectivity problem. 

Having a wireless connection is a big advantage. If they had enabled wireless Android Auto, I wouldn't have thought of switching.

On 3/2/2023 at 7:46 AM, bZ4xSupra said:

@bZ4X

AAWireless 2023 - Wireless Android Auto Dongle - Connects automatically to Android Auto - Easy Plug and Play Setup - Free Companion App https://amzn.eu/d/eAlJt50

Woow this is lifesaver! Many thanks for sharing. 

On 2/27/2023 at 6:09 PM, Malop said:

but doesn’t seem to work with Waze

We have Waze working fine with wireless Apple Car Play, it worked first time on setup.

Only annoyance is that the Waze notifications ( speed camara etc ) are huge on the screen and block the other info !  Luckily you cvan close them

Have tried Google maps, which is good too, but Waze seems better at showing live traffic conditions

7 hours ago, lightboxcar said:

We have Waze working fine with wireless Apple Car Play,

I can Waze working on the main display but it doesn’t show the turn by turn directions on the driver dash display, whereas Apple Maps does show there. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/2/2023 at 7:46 AM, bZ4xSupra said:

@bZ4X

AAWireless 2023 - Wireless Android Auto Dongle - Connects automatically to Android Auto - Easy Plug and Play Setup - Free Companion App https://amzn.eu/d/eAlJt50

I read many feedbacks and people complain about disconnection issues and if u have 2 phone device get confused. As a reult, I'm going to have Toyota install wireless android auto or change the phone.😑

But thank you for the alternative solution!

On 3/4/2023 at 7:36 AM, Malop said:

turn directions on the driver dash display

Yes , we get that only with Google Maps, its a brilliant feature !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2023 at 7:36 AM, Malop said:

I can Waze working on the main display but it doesn’t show the turn by turn directions on the driver dash display, whereas Apple Maps does show there. 

Does Apple Maps show and notify for speed checks? 

1 minute ago, bZ4X said:

Cannot recall seeing any

Waze does show them , but the notification box is huge and hides navigation info

1 hour ago, bZ4X said:

I don’t I’m afraid, I don’t use it enough as I’m fairly happy with the in built navigation. 

Apple Maps show Speed Cameras & Siri tries to stop you getting caught ====an excellent System.

Tel

• Thanks 2

On 3/5/2023 at 7:45 AM, bZ4X said:

I read many feedbacks and people complain about disconnection issues and if u have 2 phone device get confused. As a reult, I'm going to have Toyota install wireless android auto or change the phone.😑

But thank you for the alternative solution!

Works flawlessly for me on a Google Pixel 7.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2023 at 2:50 PM, bZ4xSupra said:

Thank you, do you use it only with one phone? 

On 3/8/2023 at 2:50 PM, bZ4xSupra said:

I will give a try. I choosed this model because has a better chipset and bluetooth 5.0

https://www.ottocast.com/collections/hot-sale/products/android-auto-wireless

Operating System Linux
Processor Dual-core 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A7
Memory 64 MB RAM + 16 MB ROM
Wi-Fi Dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz
bluetooth BT 5.0
Connectors USB Type-C

OTTOCAST Wireless-Android-Auto-Adapter-AA-Dongle Plug&Play Car Adapter for Android 15s Auto Connection for OEM Wired Android Auto Cars https://amzn.eu/d/fPWjD2T

On 3/10/2023 at 10:11 PM, bZ4X said:

I will give a try. I choosed this model because has a better chipset and Bluetooth 5.0

https://www.ottocast.com/collections/hot-sale/products/android-auto-wireless

Operating System Linux
Processor Dual-core 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A7
Memory 64 MB RAM + 16 MB ROM
Wi-Fi Dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz
Bluetooth BT 5.0
Connectors USB Type-C

OTTOCAST Wireless-Android-Auto-Adapter-AA-Dongle Plug&Play Car Adapter for Android 15s Auto Connection for OEM Wired Android Auto Cars https://amzn.eu/d/fPWjD2T

I got my wireless android auto dongle today. Connected my phone via it for 1 hour and quite like it. 

When I turn the car on, it takes 15 seconds c to connect. 

20230313_203959.thumb.jpg.c1eed982c4ebc7377b8897981aec5a96.jpg

8 hours ago, bZ4X said:

I got my wireless android auto dongle today. Connected my phone via it for 1 hour and quite like it. 

When I turn the car on, it takes 15 seconds c to connect. 

20230313_203959.thumb.jpg.c1eed982c4ebc7377b8897981aec5a96.jpg

Did you have to use the app and if so does the app insist on access to lots of permissions? Is it manufactured in China?  Thanks

18 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Did you have to use the app and if so does the app insist on access to lots of permissions? Is it manufactured in China?  Thanks

Yes, these are all manufactured in China. It doesn't ask any permission. However, all your data that Android Auto uses goes through this hardware kit.

• Thanks 1

I’ve ordered a Motorola MA1 from Amazon UK and got a delivery confirmation of 10th - 12th May. Happy to wait for that £90. (PHEV)

I talked to my dealer here in Norway today, and he told me that there should have been an update for wireless Android auto in January, but it was a little bit delayed. Hopefully it will not be that long before that update will be implemented in the system. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leffi said:

I talked to my dealer here in Norway today, and he told me that there should have been an update for wireless Android auto in January, but it was a little bit delayed. Hopefully it will not be that long before that update will be implemented in the system. 

Now, I am shocked! My friend paid £250 for this licence, he has lexus. 

Hi. I'm in Canada and own a bZ4X fwd. My iPhone 11 cannot usually connect to the car or only from time to time. Does anybody has a similar problem? And also sometimes the heating does not start. Can someday help me? Thank you.

Hi - I'm in Ireland & have a BZ for 2 months. I have an iPhone 13. It works fine. No problems with heating apart from being a little slower than ICE to warm up. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links