Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Safety Recall Notice Campaign XGG72 re Drivers side Airbags

John Mutley

Had a letter from Toyota UK dated January 2023, (arrived 1st February) that Toyota Avensis Driver Side Front Airbag had to be replaced so that day I contacted nearest Toyota Dealership, RRG Bradford to arrange and was booked in for this to be done 10.15 Thursday 9th February.  On 7th February RRG rang me to cancel appointment as parts were not available, and they would contact me when arrived. The letter clearly states, quote,  "contact your local official Toyota Centre as soon as possible" unquote.   I have rung to chase up but keep getting told they don't know when replacement airbag will arrive.   Is it just RRG Toyota Centre in Bradford that is guilty of poor customer service or have others around the UK found a similar problem with this recall? 

Had the dealer fail 4 times to do the yaris - the AA offer a service to do these recalls (car must be on private land eg. a drive or private carpark, NOT a public road)

AA - 0800 294 2012 and see if they have your car in their system

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, John Mutley said:

Had a letter from Toyota UK dated January 2023, (arrived 1st February) that Toyota Avensis Driver Side Front Airbag had to be replaced so that day I contacted nearest Toyota Dealership, RRG Bradford to arrange and was booked in for this to be done 10.15 Thursday 9th February.  On 7th February RRG rang me to cancel appointment as parts were not available, and they would contact me when arrived. The letter clearly states, quote,  "contact your local official Toyota Centre as soon as possible" unquote.   I have rung to chase up but keep getting told they don't know when replacement airbag will arrive.   Is it just RRG Toyota Centre in Bradford that is guilty of poor customer service or have others around the UK found a similar problem with this recall? 

Not just RRG, years ago manufacturers were allowed time to build stock before launching a Recall, however a while back the DVSA changed the rules and stated that as soon as it was agreed a recall was required manufacturers had to start contacting owners of affected cars immediately, creating a rush of customers calling dealers and usually a backlog of parts whilst supplies are sourced especially as in this case the campaign is EU wide and affects 100,000's of cars.

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2023 at 5:29 PM, flash22 said:

Had the dealer fail 4 times to do the yaris - the AA offer a service to do these recalls (car must be on private land eg. a drive or private carpark, NOT a public road)

Thanks for that, took your advice and rang AA but unfortunately they do not have my cars details in their system so it looks like I am stuck with the dealership.

On 3/3/2023 at 5:29 PM, flash22 said:

• 2 weeks later...

By a strange coincidence RRG telephoned me 9th(?) March and booked my car in to have the recall done at 10.30am 16th March, so yesterday I took it in as  arranged and had the new airbag fitted no problem, and also they fitted new batteries in my two key fobs, then gave it a wash down upon completion, a good piece of customer service eventually.   

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links