Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 steering wheel wiring for aftermarket radio

brens-avensis

hi all

ihave installed a new single din Alpine head unit into my 2007 T25  and want to use the steering wheel controls for volume and next functions. I have a spare connect 2 unit from my previous car that i want to use and looking on the web came across the wiring for my old head unit but the  number of cables do not appear to match up for connector  CN703 ( Large connector on the right hand side.)there should be 5 but there are only 4 on the one i have 

Has anyone done this before and if so what  are the correct wires to use for each of the switches :

thanks in advance

Brendan

steering wheel connections to radio.jpg

pinout_1571931397_w58810-pinout.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You will have to check the steering wiring diagram in the service manual. It can be obtained online.

On 3/7/2023 at 4:46 PM, brens-avensis said:

hi all

ihave installed a new single din Alpine head unit into my 2007 T25  and want to use the steering wheel controls for volume and next functions. I have a spare connect 2 unit from my previous car that i want to use and looking on the web came across the wiring for my old head unit but the  number of cables do not appear to match up for connector  CN703 ( Large connector on the right hand side.)there should be 5 but there are only 4 on the one i have 

Has anyone done this before and if so what  are the correct wires to use for each of the switches :

thanks in advance

Brendan

steering wheel connections to radio.jpg

pinout_1571931397_w58810-pinout.jpg

hi brendan hows things  why didnt you like the orriginal radio that came with the car was it no good  was it a bog standard cheap looking toyota one i think toyota started to do a better radio with the t27 touch 2 headunits .the one i have is great its got dab+ etc on it tbh plus the touch screen is kina anoying when scrolling threw to get a album from the usb stick 

@2009joe

All good here so far thanks,i wanted to be able to play music  from a usb stick and to use it for  bluetooth phone calls. i have  moved the Alpine head unit to another car and  back using the original avensis radio   ( W58830 ) with a parrot bluetooth hands free kit. 

I bought a cd -> usb converter in the hope that  i could get the head unit to use it as a cd changer but i not able to see where on my head unit to connect it to or where the exernal cd changer would be placed in the car.

The head unit has controls for 6 cd disks so it must be able to support  an external changer.

the hunt continues 

thanks

brendan

1 hour ago, brens-avensis said:

@2009joe

All good here so far thanks,i wanted to be able to play music  from a usb stick and to use it for  bluetooth phone calls. i have  moved the Alpine head unit to another car and  back using the original avensis radio   ( W58830 ) with a parrot bluetooth hands free kit. 

I bought a cd -> usb converter in the hope that  i could get the head unit to use it as a cd changer but i not able to see where on my head unit to connect it to or where the exernal cd changer would be placed in the car.

The head unit has controls for 6 cd disks so it must be able to support  an external changer.

the hunt continues 

thanks

brendan

i had one of these for my last car and well i kept the packaging and wrapped it up in bubble rap so did not get scratched up and used my own extra long cables and well i had mine for years and i sold it again for nearly the same price i bought it for on ebay 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284929658119?epid=2212745863&hash=item4257218d07:g:yLAAAOSwSbJjx6FN&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA8CdXKEdrhIoiVMQtC4KLxsNT1mxlJ0CRHNHGbDZxy1tsgEGb9L9VisIi22VeCwqQJTDL7PuWp5QAfzBLy4kqYf%2BTGiTfBED97xW5YxjOjOS3MGyJuUynyIC6n9KJrcp6JWwD%2FGbvUwg5zdaouLWd5vwmdfhpVi6e5GHj%2Fa6sQaI4jqmsH0hIA8BBUmxvdoNbU3b6g5iKQtZ%2B55Q6r2GaN7a2%2FSnPeCa1Kv6iSyhbq1QJFli9tdQdNDHa7hUIqJ%2BwL%2B%2BIEVZclb2t2NVUnYExi4froI1J4M1UuoAEGzJfIC3QoRk7x%2FEtS0UNSfOYIvouXw%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR-SKr9fgYQ

Thanks for the asssitance and this is the one i got just need to find out where to connect it to on the head unit or where ever the external cd changer is housed

thyanks

brendan

adapter.jpg

8 minutes ago, brens-avensis said:

Thanks for the asssitance and this is the one i got just need to find out where to connect it to on the head unit or where ever the external cd changer is housed

thyanks

brendan

adapter.jpg

but i dont think that one is bluetooth bud there i seen those the one i sent you is the one i put in but as i said i kept the box and put it awau and wrapped the adaptor up in bubble wrap and put it in my car then when i sold my car i took that out which looked like new and sold it again on eBay and tbh it made nearly the same  price i bought it for so be a handy buy. the one i linked you to si a good one but i wouldnt bother using their cables i bought my extra long usb and 3.5mm jack ones . i connected my flash drive to it and played the music through the headunit handy enough job 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links