Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prado Navigation/tv/cd System

mimic

And the other end .

HI all

Anyone still interested in continuing the thread and collecting more info on these jap headunits please contact me. I have a large amount (100-200Mb) of data I have collected on these units including 'converting' the TV systems and using them for Car pc projects but I am missing some data which some one might be able to help on.

I am more than willing to share I just make a one request. what is the 4-pin/7-pin/8-pin connectors for (for picture look at andy's post) is the gray connector for a GPS unit or TV antenna, does thes units need the navigation computer (TNS 200 ) or can they work without this (seinna units). There are more question but another time/place

Regards

Colin Gale

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Andy

• mimic

• zei20l

• Colin Gale

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not bothered with mine too much, as the screen has gone !Removed! up, think it's the ribbon cable from the screen as it works some times but not very often.

I think that the orange socket is for the external gps antenna, and maybe one or two of the small white ones are Tv, dont have any tv aerials on my surf, but someone said that it uses the rear side screens which have wires like the heated screens.

Not bothered with mine too much, as the screen has gone !Removed! up, think it's the ribbon cable from the screen as it works some times but not very often.

I think that the orange socket is for the external gps antenna, and maybe one or two of the small white ones are Tv, dont have any tv aerials on my surf, but someone said that it uses the rear side screens which have wires like the heated screens.

Hi Andy

Thanks for the reply. Do you have pictures of the connetors on the back of your unit, I just want to see what connectors are provided on the car side and what the defualt connectors are. if you have cut them off could you take pictures so I could see.

Regards

Colin

I will be taking it out soon so I can take pictures then.

Hi Andy

Don't worry aout the pictures, I found a site where they had taken one of these units apart and provided all wiring pinouts with the exception of the 4 pin connector and 8 pin connector but these I have worked out, e.g. the 4 pin connector is GPS antenna and the 8 pin is a amplifier/sub output , the 7 pin is NTSC aux in ( i have a laptop connected right now with no ploblems) the 12 pin is for CD changer and the orange connector is for Diversity antenna. Also holding down F1 and F6 and pressing enter three time bring up the diag menu, no much can be done here thought. Can you give me you email address and I will send you all the data I have including the chips that are on the main board.

I may be able to help with the screen not working as this has happned many times with other devices over the years and I find in some cases can be repaired with silver conductive paint and one strand of wire, you just paint the wire into place to create a circuit.

Cheers

Some usefull link, need bable fish to translate

http://carnavi.narod.ru/factory.html

http://toyotaunits.narod.ru/56040

• 5 weeks later...

:hokus-pokus: :thumbsup:

hi you there

this is raj from india

this is the same system used in my car

the model is i guess toyota 54060 voice nav ready

pls conform the no

the unit is by panasonic

it can accsept the local fm/am band well

pls forward the station frequensy (fm) so that i can help u in choosing the band expander

the syst takes 1 viedeo in & r+l stereo in from a fm mod.changer via a 7 pin socket on the rear

i shall be forwarding u a photograph /image soon

use fm 515 from kenwood

also if u can attach a video card (ntsc one) to the changer

same one can be used as video changer

pls keep in touch

forward me the information reg the workshop manual for kzj95 2000 model & starlet 80 series (1n diesel)

Hi Raj,

I am from India too, Gurgaon (Haryana). Have a Prado TZ and it has TOYOTA NMDN-D59 76004 as OE.

Its in japanese language, haven't been able to get a hand on some translator etc to have it converted into English also the FM doesn't work with our frequencies. Navi doesn't work either. You may mail me direct @ montu.yadav@gmail.com. Appreciate if you would help me in any way.

Thanks

Montu

hi you there

this is raj from india

pls conform the no

the unit is by panasonic

pls forward the station frequensy (fm) so that i can help u in choosing the band expander

the syst takes 1 viedeo in & r+l stereo in from a fm mod.changer via a 7 pin socket on the rear

use fm 515 from kenwood

pls keep in touch

forward me the information reg the workshop manual for kzj95 2000 model & starlet 80 series (1n diesel)

Hi Raj,

I am from India too, Gurgaon (Haryana). Have a Prado TZ and it has TOYOTA NMDN-D59 76004 as OE.

Its in japanese language, haven't been able to get a hand on some translator etc to have it converted into English also the FM doesn't work with our frequencies. Navi doesn't work either. You may mail me direct @ montu.yadav@gmail.com. Appreciate if you would help me in any way.

Thanks

Montu

Hi All

I am currently putting a complete list of pinouts for the 1/2 series of japanese satnav units together along with translations tips and mods. Please note that a lot of this information came from www.secam.ru all I have done is translated it to english and retyped it for easy reading. If you have any info that you think I might need contact me ( will give you full credit don't worry). I am currently looking for the pinouts to the 8-pin connector from on the 97-2000 models. I have so far found line out here but no other signals, I do understand that there is a steering remote for these units but I have not found it. It may not even exist as these units have infrared recievers at the front.

Regards

Colin

• 4 months later...

Further Info just in - Toyota UK are introducing a DVD Voice Navigation System for the Previa - the disk may be compatible . . . .

Ok - so long since I posted here, I couldn't remember the password or e-mail address for my account RichardG

Anyway . . .

Having not bothered with the 54060 NAV system for some time, I finally got hold of a TNS300 DVD. - When I put this into the Japanese Sat NAV, the disk is recognised and I get lots of 'new' menus and options instead of the 'no disk' messgae (in Japanese)

Unfortunately all the menus are still in Japanese.

I suspect the system needs to locate some satellites in this area or something before I can go much further - does any one know how to do this?

Thanks,

Richard G

And the other end .

HI all

Anyone still interested in continuing the thread and collecting more info on these jap headunits please contact me. I have a large amount (100-200Mb) of data I have collected on these units including 'converting' the TV systems and using them for Car pc projects but I am missing some data which some one might be able to help on.

I am more than willing to share I just make a one request. what is the 4-pin/7-pin/8-pin connectors for (for picture look at andy's post) is the gray connector for a GPS unit or TV antenna, does thes units need the navigation computer (TNS 200 ) or can they work without this (seinna units). There are more question but another time/place

Regards

Colin Gale

Colin,

Very interested in continuing this thread.

A friend has lent me a TNS300 disk for Europe which is recognised by my Voice Nav system. :D

This has opened the door to lots of new menu options in Japanese that I cannot understand. :blink:

Thanks for the links to the Russian pages - unfortunately each time I try to open or download the PDF manuals for my system, I get a file error, can't be read message.

If you still have these manuals stored somewhere, I would be grateful if you could send me a copy. - I'll let you know the results.

Thanks,

RichardG

• 2 months later...

hi you there

this is raj from india

pls conform the no

the unit is by panasonic

use fm 515 from kenwood

pls keep in touch

Hi Raj,

Thanks

Montu

Hi All

I am currently putting a complete list of pinouts for the 1/2 series of japanese satnav units together along with translations tips and mods. Please note that a lot of this information came from www.secam.ru all I have done is translated it to english and retyped it for easy reading. If you have any info that you think I might need contact me ( will give you full credit don't worry). I am currently looking for the pinouts to the 8-pin connector from on the 97-2000 models. I have so far found line out here but no other signals, I do understand that there is a steering remote for these units but I have not found it. It may not even exist as these units have infrared recievers at the front.

Regards

Colin

Hi guys,

I'm new to joining this club, but I think some of you may be able to help me... (hopefully)

I am from New Zealand, and just purchaced a new import - a 1999 Toyota Caldina. The head deck that is installed is a NMDN-D59 76004. I have been told this made by Panasonic, but they have not been much use to me. I have worked out how to use the CD, and have installed a band expander for the radio. I'm not to fussed about the mini disc/TV, but would really like to get the DVD going.

Have any of you found a manual for this model - and is it in english?

Any help you could give me would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers,

Nicki

• 1 year later...

And the other end .

HI all

Regards

Colin Gale

Hi Colin,

Just wondering if you have any info on how to convert the language from Japanese to English. It's a 01 Rav4 with the Multi-AV Station (TV, Minidisc, GPS and CD)

Thanks,

-Frank

• 5 months later...

And the other end .

HI all

Regards

Colin Gale

Hi Colin,

Please help me out if you have information on a fujitsu ten knt-5180 toyota 36004 head unit

Is there a way i can veiw movies using an esternal dvd player

• 1 month later...

Hello Raj.

I have the same Model in my Land Cruiser Prado.

But the Language is Japanese.

Can you guide regarding how can I change it to ENGLISH?

hi you there

this is raj from india

pls conform the no

the unit is by panasonic

use fm 515 from kenwood

pls keep in touch

• 6 months later...

hi there i have purchased a toyota previa,it has a voice navigation but it is in japanese is there any chance of changing the language to english,if so how?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links