Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Modified cat converter

Ch229

So after a few years of owning my iq and having the dreaded no power issue at low speeds, I have finally got round to modifying the early version pre recall cat converter.

With egr gas now coming from the bottom of the converter instead of the top the car now drives perfectly. That annoying dangerous hesitation is now gone.

All egr passages and valve were cleaned maybe 12 months ago and upon rechecking are still clear. I also discovered someone had attempted to fix the problem before me, had made there own gasket for the egr pipe and only left a 3mm hole for the gas to pass through.

I would definitely recommend this simple mod for early iq owners.

I also installed a new upstream O2 sensor as on research it is meant to have the same symptoms. But I'm pretty sure the cat was the problem.

IMG_20230305_130732.thumb.jpg.4a96a7e36e99b5c75122c59ceb23ab81.jpg

IMG_20230305_141905.thumb.jpg.246e78d22eaba545b905d96568476e0c.jpg

IMG_20230305_142832.thumb.jpg.32f6643d82a45617cc309a9bd797346d.jpg

• Like 4

The subject has been covered a few times in the past, nice to see that someone has the skills to do a DIY fix

1300312547_IQcatchange1krfe.thumb.jpg.1ff4d68dddba68b2eedb5bee6ccdf0bb.jpg

• Like 1

Incredibly my litres per 100 kilometres has now dropped from 7ltr to 5.8ltr.

A much happier car

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Looking at this as a thing that i could do....i did have a recall years ago for the manifold - is that the same recall as above....i say manifold it was something exhaust related...had a letter through the post....assuming mine has had that done is it worth pulling it out to clean it anyway??

the cat is part of the manifold only thing the changed was the egr pick up from the top of the cat to the bottom

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links