Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Watch where you park

Bper

• 2 weeks later...

You've got to hand it to the Chinese they do come up with some good idea's. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, tfc said:

You've got to hand it to the Chinese they do come up with some good idea's. 

John,

I wonder how long before this comes here , watch out London another revenue maker for Sadiq Khan.😢

• Like 2

Thankfully I don't think those flat robots would work on the pothole-ridden hellscape around here, they'd just get stuck :laugh: 

Although if KHAAAAAN! announces a mass-resurfacing of the roads to be smooth again I'll know to keep an eye out for these things!! :eek: 

I'm a bit worried that stuff like that exists tho' - It's not a huge leap to imagine re-tooling it to, say, remove a under-mounted Battery from an EV, and if people like those CANbus hacking thieves get hold of it... :fear: 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

Thankfully I don't think those flat robots would work on the pothole-ridden hellscape around here, they'd just get stuck :laugh: 

Although if KHAAAAAN! announces a mass-resurfacing of the roads to be smooth again I'll know to keep an eye out for these things!! :eek: 

I'm a bit worried that stuff like that exists tho' - It's not a huge leap to imagine re-tooling it to, say, remove a under-mounted battery from an EV, and if people like those CANbus hacking thieves get hold of it... :fear: 

It all ready exists go to YT and type in NIO NS8 Battery swap station. brilliant idea 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tfc said:

It all ready exists go to YT and type in NIO NS8 battery swap station. brilliant idea 

That really is a brilliant bit of technology, just imagine if this type of technology can be adapted to replace other parts of the car. Waiting times and costs would come down.👍

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 7:28 PM, Cyker said:

I'm a bit worried that stuff like that exists tho' - It's not a huge leap to imagine re-tooling it to, say, remove a under-mounted battery from an EV, and if people like those CANbus hacking thieves get hold of it... :fear: 

Cyker you may be in the realms of conspiracy theory, it's a bit like saying it could be used as a quick method to steal catalytic converters.😅 Sadistic khan announcing a mass resurfacing has as much chance as the EULEZ charge being scapped.😂

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2023 at 10:08 AM, tfc said:

It all ready exists go to YT and type in NIO NS8 battery swap station. brilliant idea 

True, Tesla had the first one I know of, although I'm not sure if it's still active as it had a lot of problems. However I think the flat movable robot would be a bit less conspicuous for thieves than a 25 ton static building for the purposes of Battery thievery... :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links