Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Toyota Auris Dash Cam Wiring

stevie ls

Hi Guys can anyone advise on where to get the live from for a 2008 Auris? 

I've located the fuse box under the glove box just not sure where to wire to.

Not sure about the 2008 auris but I piggybacked the fuse for the 12 Volt accessory socket on the 2015 auris I had. the dash cam came with the piggyback fuse which was 2 amp from memory.

you also need to find a suitable earth. 

There are more topics on this subject, especially front dash cam install, some were really neat with added fuses and so on.

Use search, should be easy to find.

16 hours ago, stevie ls said:

Hi Guys can anyone advise on where to get the live from for a 2008 Auris? 

I've located the fuse box under the glove box just not sure where to wire to.

Assuming an ignition switched live then I have always piggybacked off the 12v accessory socket fuse, the same as Christopher. Try not to use a safety or operational power source, e.g. a module supply.

A suitable body earth should be easily found even if it means either removing or slackening a bolt/nut which fastens something to the car's body.

I installed a camera once and it didn't power on. I almost reached an embarrasing stage where I would return as faulty. That was until I discovered my "earth" was bolted to something not connected directly to the bodywork.:ph34r:

18 hours ago, stevie ls said:

Hi Guys can anyone advise on where to get the live from for a 2008 Auris... 

Hi !

Simpliest way: take the electric mirrors switch out with a knife, remove its connector, identify IG+ and ground wires, tap them and connect there the camera 12V adapter. 

Please see this topic: 

Hardwire Dashcam to cigarette fuse

I've piggyback fused to the cig lighter but I want a permanent live from the fuse to permanently power and recharge the Battery for park mode. 16804583697651334311874608938125.thumb.jpg.cca91beeede4b5f696a730a62fc29282.jpg

If you have a multimeter or test light, just go through all the fuses, with the ignition off until you find a permanent 12v.

If there is a permanent 12v supply, be careful tapping off a safety or essential circuit. It's also adviseable to power the camera's parking mode through one of those cut off devices to hopefully avoid a flat starting Battery! Their cut off can mostly be adjusted as required.

Unless your camera has that fuction built in, of course.

Personally I prefer not to use the car's Battery for parking mode, but use a separate Battery. Much more expensive though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links