Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Inverter

dannyboy413

I am thinking of buying a power inverter like this one -

https://www.aldi.ie/auto-xs-power-inverter/p/724375704506000?utm_source=Aldi&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=LearnMore&utm_campaign=SpecialbuyEmail02April2023&utm_cid=DM229981

I presume that there would be no problem in using one of these with a Toyota Hybrid, if the car was in 'Ready' mode when the inverter was in use. Anybody got one and can advise please?

I be worried about it pulling down the 12 volt Battery to a point the car wont start.

What appliances 230 or 240 volt are you going to run off it and for how long.

Its overkill if you only going to use the usb port.

I know you say ready mode only but one day somebody will have it in accessory mode!.

If used at the maximum rated inverter wattage (300W) then the 12v cigarette lighter/accessory socket will be seriously overloaded - the fuse for that circuit will blow.

It will be attempting to draw about 25 amps at 12 volts, flat out.  You would have to connect directly to the car Battery with the supplied alligator clips and leads if you want that much 240V power.

At much lower loadings you might be ok to plug it in through the dash accessory socket.

These devices often switch themselves off when the supplying (car battery) voltage drops to around 11.8 volts, if I remember correctly, obviously to help protect your Battery state of charge.  It should explain this feature in the inverter instructions.

What did you want to operate?

Thanks for the replies. 👍.  I was not thinking of buying the inverter for anything specific, it was more a case of 'it might come in handy'. The only thing I could envisage using it for would be for an electric coolbox. We sometimes take it with us if we go across the border to Asda in Enniskillen and intend getting some frozen items, but I normally just put a couple of those frozen ice pack thingys in the coolbox. They seem to suffice for the journey home, which takes about one hour.

coolbox just run it off the 12 volts direct.

The inverter will not power a hair driyer its max load is lets say a laptop computer.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links