Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stop start - fails to function.

Packard

Auris 1.4 touring 77k currently under Toyota service warranty… (10 year)

noticed in last couple of months the stop start fails to kick in even after a long drives

so just done 100mils, air con off revs high still nothing 

I’m still on original car Battery ….. any other thoughts other than to replace this ?

I'm going to say Battery... the Stop Start on my Auris even from new wasn't great. Would work one day and then go three or four days without kicking in, and like you even after long runs it failed to operate. That was from new.

Fitted a new Battery after 11 years (choose carefully and be sure to get one for Stop Start use) and the Stop Start works every time now just as you would expect. 

• Like 2

Since I got it, it has always worked and kicked in, now nothing…

As Auris is going to be kept, now the hunt for best value replacement Battery. Don’t want to have that moment when it fails when I’m away from home.

• Like 1

It happened to mine Auris few couples of years ago when I was in vacation, 1 000 kms far from home; no problem, put a new Battery that was cheaper than in my country and I got an extra 5 euros discount for giving my old faulty Battery.

This Battery bought from abroad lasted more than 7 years, swapped it past year with an Exide that I hope will last at least like the last one ...

Genuine Toyota battery lasted 3 years only.

• Like 2

The stop-start system is very 'goldilocks' - Engine has to be in the right temperature range, Battery has to be above a certain SoC, Venus can't be rising in Sagittarius etc., but I'd agree the most likely reason for it to stop working is the 12v Battery - It's probably old enough it can't hold its state of charge above what the stop-start system wants so the system won't trigger.

I found that with my Yaris Mk2 - Although it started the car fine, its 'full' voltage was slightly below the threshold of what the car wanted, so it rarely went into stop-start. I didn't want to replace an otherwise functioning Battery just to get the stop-start back (It was pointed out the amount of money I'd save on fuel would be dwarfed by the cost of a new battery...) so just lived with it (Albeit briefly, since I got rid of the car maybe a year or 2 later!)

• Like 1

My personal opinion is that stop start doesn’t really do much in real world, very little benefits of it if any at all, however a new Battery to be on the safe side it’s a good idea 👍 

• Like 2

Just checked it’s showing 12.1v with power off, so it’s defiantly low done well for 80k miles and static a lot through covid bar the odd turn over once a week.

just taken It off to leave on charge as a just in case

Toyota Battery (not sure or make) is £120inc VAT

Tbh, I can’t find cheaper at the moment 

12c (70A) 640A (EN) M, STOP START

current is EXIDE

I ordered from Tayna which are one of the big suppliers in the UK. I also went for Exide. £120 is probably in the right range given we are a couple of years on from when I ordered.

Looks like still a current production:

Exide 027 AGM Car Battery 60Ah EK600 - Exide Car Batteries (tayna.co.uk)

261249422_Screenshot2023-04-12064057.thumb.png.ed03ea0c538e1d28867e98e71dcb1ca0.png

I sell batts and even if that’s none branded budget it’s a decent price for stop start 

So new Battery fitted.

could tell immediately, as the power fold wing mirrors seemed to be super charged.  First drive out, first stop at lights and it kicked in.

• Like 4

On 4/12/2023 at 7:33 AM, Eddiefh said:

I sell batts and even if that’s none branded budget it’s a decent price for stop start 

It was actually branded Toyota 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links