Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Traffic via internet not working using an Android Phone

canyouflybobbi

Since 03-Apr my 2018 CHR cannot get traffic via internet using an android phone.  I have tried three phones: my current fully up-to-date Pixel, an old Pixel, and my work Samsung, on three sims EE, O2, and Vodafone.  None of them work, they all connect then immediately lose the connection.  It works fine on my partners iPhone.  None of the phones have received an update since 05-Mar and they all worked fine prior to that.

All of the other connected services work (petrol prices for example) and I have Toyota Real Time Traffic until Sep 2024.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

This TLS 1.0/1.1 known security and privacy vulnerabilities were fixed with the update version 1.2. TLS1.2 Software update will be free of charge. Service communication via TLS1.0 and TLS1.2 will remain available until April 3rd, 2023. As from that date, all 13/16MM customers which have not applied the specific software update/patch will not be able to use online services (e.g. Weather, Parking, Traffic, Coyote, AHA-Radio, E-Store).

You likely need to install a free update via estore on MyT portal

Thank you, this happened to my Yaris, Toyota customer service couldn't help, my traffic info disappeared on 3rd April.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I meant to update, this worked perfectly, thanks for your advice.

Of note to anyone trying this: you need a usb stick to update it, and you need to partition the usb stick to below 32GB (if it is larger) so it can be formatted as FAT32.

Weird that it only stopped working with android.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links