Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

6 months with the Toyota iQ

TomToyota94

Hey iQ family,

I have recently passed the 6 month mark of Toyota iQ ownership. 

Pro's:

I enjoy the ease of parking and being able to pull into a space and comfortably have enough distance between other parked vehicles.

My real world mpg over the last 6 months is 47 mpg (with a healthy mix of city & motorway, with the majority being motorway). £20 tax (which is double my mums 2014 Lexus IS300h strangely).

Con's:

It is the 1.0l automatic, so it is very very slow! Slowest car I have ever owned actually. The gearbox is quite noisy too and the car never seems to settle at speeds. I have taken the iQ on long 5 hour road trips where I miss cruise control.

All in all enjoying having the iQ.  Ps thanks to this forum for the help around the radio presets!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice to hear that you are enjoying your iQ.

It may be a bit underpowered for cruise control but if you want to give it a go have a look at this post / thread :

Regards, David.

• Like 2

Ditto... almost.

Pros: 

• The price I paid
  • Looks - it's different!
  • Low tax, no tax
  • Low insurance costs
  • Low servicing costs
  • Easy driving and parking
  • Good fuel economy: 53mpg for me
  • Quiet - did add extra sound deadening
  • Happy on the motorway - not just a city car
  • Seats - more comfy that I thought they would be
  • Sounds - radio, CD etc., better sound quality than I expected
  • Equipment - (IQ2) very good - similar to my old Lexus RX - climate, fogs, folding/heated mirrors, trim etc
  • Driver seat height adjustment
  • Safety - yes, it's small, but feels solid and safe, with 9 airbags
  • Turning circle
  • Tardis factor
  • 3.5 seats
  • This great forum

Cons: 

• Not super quick - that's fine ( 1.0L manual )
  • That clutch issue ( clutch replaced )
  • That interior light
  • No USB port and only one 12v socket
  • Headlights - ok... new bulbs helped
  • Dinky boot
  • Dinky fuel tank
  • 3.5 seats

Just looking at the cons - when i get underway with the double din upgrade i did think a few nights ago....the cigarette lighter thing is a bit **** so ill be adding this in while its all apart...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115295746195

So ill be removing the old lighter socket and putting one of these in....

Cons easily solved:

Cons: 

• Not super quick - that's fine ( 1.0L manual ) === just red line it, the vvt with the manual keeps accelerating to the red line, i find it plenty fast enough, just have to drop a couple of gears on some occasions.
  • That clutch issue ( clutch replaced ) === keep your revs at <1500prm when cruising (I'm in 5th from 20mph) and keep then high when accelerating.
  • That interior light === use your phone
  • No USB port and only one 12v socket === multi USB output 12v adapter?
  • Headlights - ok... new bulbs helped === LED bulbs are really good, also replace all others with LEDs, my indicators flash the whole street orange and the reversing light confuses planes coming in to Heathrow
  • Dinky boot === put the back seats down
  • Dinky fuel tank === brim it with premium and drive efficiently, I'm regularly getting 400 miles
  • 3.5 seats === vasectomy
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, eein said:

Cons easily solved:

Cons: 

• Not super quick - that's fine ( 1.0L manual ) === just red line it, the vvt with the manual keeps accelerating to the red line, i find it plenty fast enough, just have to drop a couple of gears on some occasions.
  • That clutch issue ( clutch replaced ) === keep your revs at <1500prm when cruising (I'm in 5th from 20mph) and keep then high when accelerating.
  • That interior light === use your phone
  • No USB port and only one 12v socket === multi USB output 12v adapter?
  • Headlights - ok... new bulbs helped === LED bulbs are really good, also replace all others with LEDs, my indicators flash the whole street orange and the reversing light confuses planes coming in to Heathrow
  • Dinky boot === put the back seats down
  • Dinky fuel tank === brim it with premium and drive efficiently, I'm regularly getting 400 miles
  • 3.5 seats === vasectomy

Agree. The 'Cons' are minor.

Not sure about the 3.5 seat solution you suggest! Might pass on that one.

Regarding the lack of USB port in the IQ, try this on eBay. I have one fitted and as a bonus, the voltmeter is accurate. Remove a spare switch blanking plate by the gear stick and run in power supply which is only live when the ignition is switched on.

s-l400.jpg

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links