Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1998 rav4 mk1 requires new exhaust

topcop999

Hi , can anyone advise where to get a replacement exhaust back box for my 1998 rav4 GX 5 door?  I have owned those from new and believe to or not it still has the original Toyota exhaust ( and clutch ) at 189,000 miles :  sadly the back box has rotted through and is beyond welding ( seams have gone ) 

Im struggling to locate anywhere that can supply one...anu ideas - im located in Yorkshire UK 

• Like 1

Hi Simon, have you tried online ?  What about the Toyota dealer ?

The exhaust system has done incredibly well, must be a record 👍 but probably the whole system may need replaced as you may find that a new back box will show up weaknesses in the remaining system.

the exhaust started leaking at the flanges about three years but I have a mate who is an engineer and restores classic vehicles so he removed the complete exhaust , cut off the flanges and fitted new 6mm steel ones...he tested the piping and there was little corrosion and we even did a pressure test and it held ..The car only does a couple of thousand mies a year now and lives most of the time in a heated garage ...sadly the back box was starting to go on the seams when he repaired the flanges  and the metal is quite thin...I did contemplate having a complete stainless steel one made but the cost at the time was astronomical !!   The steel on the exhaust tubing is very thick compared with after market - probably why its lasted so long ..

Im looking round and have found one company - KLARIUS  - that manufactures the back box but cant for anyone local to supply it...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links