Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crook locks for Yaris Cross

Mrs Scoobington

Hi 

tried my hubbies Stoplock Pro on my Yaris Cross only to find the blummin thing didn’t fit!!  Central boss on the steering wheel is too proud.  Apparently Stop Lock don’t have Yaris on their list of cars suitable for their products!  Can anyone recommend a good crooklock please.  Don’t want the circular type that encompass the wheel - just something that’s a visible deterrent really that doesn’t weigh more than the car!!!  

many thanks.  

@Mrs Scoobington

Sue,

are you sure it won’t fit?
I have one and, initially, I found the same as you both on my mk3 Yaris and the Yeti before.  However, I played around and found a position that worked.

If you look at the image in this Halfords advert …

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-security/stoplock-pro-steering-lock-311399.html

the Stoplock isn’t actually intended to fit fully across the hump.

Also further in he test is a link to a fitment list and the Yaris is included, not specifically the Cross but I assume they have a common wheel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Otherwise you could consider the Milenco high security steering wheel lock - approved by Sold Secure and Secured By Design:

https://www.milenco-outlet.co.uk/security/milenco-high-security-steering-wheel-lock-silver.html

Also available on Amazon & eBay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the information - much appreciated

I have got the Stoplock Pro Elite which fits the Yaris Cross with no problems. Halfords stock it.

• Like 1

Yes, I can concur that the Pro Elite stop lock fits perfectly on Yaris Mk4 and Aygo X, got one in both of mine.

As picture confirms, it has a greater “curve” on the lock.

Probably won’t stop the determined thief, but definitely a deterrent. 

IMG_8083.jpeg

• Like 3

IMHO those bar locks serve as an adequate visual deterrent and will not use too much space when not in use. 

If your car is going to be stolen then it will be. 

Remember the pictures some time back where the whole front of the car had been dismantled. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I purchased a Stoplock Pro Elite which fits over the steering wheel boss but am finding it a bit of a squeeze,to be honest with the length of it.  Also difficult to find a position that doesn't also end up leaning on/moving the indicator/light and windscreen wiper stalks.  I also end up sounding the horn from time to time as I am trying to fit it (although that sounds more like a squeaky toy and would be more appropriate on a tuktuk).  Anyway - seriously - has anyone found the "perfect" position in their YC for that particular lock?

Edited by Paul60
Spelling
  • Like 1

I have the steering wheel turned slightly to the right, then the pro elite lock is fitted at a 10 minutes to 4 position. 
I find it’s best to put the steering into position then turn off the vehicle, this prevents the steering wheel moving with the weight of the lock on it.

• Like 1

I have these on my MX5's. Visible. I bought red version. If someone wants your car, they will take it (almost) regardless of what is used.

Steering Wheel to Seat Belt Lock

image.thumb.png.7ece0ce37b9c5b27010354402db7adae.png

image.thumb.png.167139c816ddc8ccaf9574f7d2537377.png

• Like 2

On 4/19/2023 at 8:57 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Otherwise you could consider the Milenco high security steering wheel lock - approved by Sold Secure and Secured By Design:

https://www.milenco-outlet.co.uk/security/milenco-high-security-steering-wheel-lock-silver.html

I'd also recommend the Milenco (previously marketed as 4Tress). Slightly expensive but well built and doesn't leave any marks/damage to the steering wheel.

20240328_104655.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 9:21 AM, Roy124 said:

If your car is going to be stolen then it will be. 

You are right and as most of the steering wheel locks are easily defeated by cutting the steering wheel itself  you may as well just buy the cheapest as a visual deterrent.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

...you may as well just buy the cheapest as a visual deterrent.

I'd have thought the 'Toyota Yaris' Badge on the back was deterent enough. 🤣

Seriously tho, I absolutely see the point on a GR, but I'd like to see the stats on theft of Toyota Yaris. They'll get broken in to and the belongings will be taken, or parts will be taken, but driving one away?

It must be one of the least stolen cars in the country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Small cars tended to be easier to break in to, use by joy riders, and then torched.  A joy rider is likely to detered where a thief would not.

With model  specific infotainment systems break-ins to steal systems is probably much reduced.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links