Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cat stolen today

Steven83

Hi guys, had my cat stolen today in a very public car park with people driving past. I have dash cam footage and pics but I’m not sure if I know how to post it but I’ll try.

I had an official Toyota cat guard and they still had the job done in around a minute. 

just posting this to make people aware that no matter what precautions you take it won’t stop some. 

I love the auris, best car I’ve owned and I’ve had a nice bmw. But I always said if I lose my cat once I’ll change car, so that’s my last hybrid unfortunately. Once it’s fixed it’s gone. The zero tax and low fuel costs still don’t make up for the fact I’m now left stranded at the gym and waiting on a courtesy car plus the £400 excess I need to pay and increase in insurance. 

such a shame that scum spoil things for others. 

IMG_3948.jpeg

• Sad 11

They did that in broad daylight in Merseyway? Jesus! 😲

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Steven83 said:

I had an official Toyota cat guard and they still had the job done in around a minute. 

Don't take them long to get round even official deterrents! Sorry about what happened. I do not know how these things work, but would there be any point in letting Toyota GB know that the 'official' guard is no good?

• Like 5

Looking at the pictures they have cut the bracket, that is a design flaw

I would inform sold secure asap

• Like 5

Sorry to hear what has happened.

I have a 2015 Auris Hybrid too.

I bought the eBay plate version. It's a shame there is thieving scum out there who have no regard for others property. We really need some bait cars in know hotspots. Better still the car shakes violently when illegally jacked up.

What will you replace it with?

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Website says the catloc survived 5 minute attack tests but no details on what kind of tools were used.

I’ve always thought the catloc would not stop a really determined thief but less than a minute to cut it off makes it pretty useless. Maybe they had some particularly effective equipment?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MagicBoy said:

They did that in broad daylight in Merseyway? Jesus! 😲

Yup!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Who is sold secure? 😆 I just got it done through Toyota. I’m going to contact them tomorrow to ask if I have any rights. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, flash22 said:

it should have been fitted with shear bolts, did the cut the front cable ?

it's a sold secure product, so you should let the dealer know and inform catloc

https://www.soldsecure.com/product/catloc

also drop them an email

https://www.soldsecure.com/contact-us

Thank you, I will do. 

• Like 1

This isn't SoldSecure approved but...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Cyker said:

This isn't SoldSecure approved but...

By the look of my dash cam video it was an ape the stole from me 😆

• Haha 2

I’ve emailed sold secure. 

looking at the design of the cat lock it’s hardly a surprise they got through it so quick. 

but as someone mentioned earlier this is redrock merseyway car park. It’s large and has movement all the time.

it’s covered in cameras….. but guess what I found out today… yup, they don’t work!! 

so anyone who knows this car park, don’t use it! 

the security sit in the office and do nothing and the cameras don’t work.

the security guy was very nice but could barely speak a word of English so had to call for his supervisor over the radio.. he couldn’t understand his supervisors replies so I had to play translator 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

The Camera's don't ******* work!?! I'd be raising holy hell with the Council, given they bought it a couple years ago. They are sorting the centre out, but that's bang out of order. Luckily I don't park there, live in walking distance. I tend to find contacting the local councillors can get something done, although with an election due in a couple of weeks, might be best to wait.

Now I'm thinking about it, there was a Silver S-max that followed me to Tesco last week. Bet they were annoyed when I went to the click and collect and not into the store. 🤣

If I spot it again, I'm phoning the Police.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, MagicBoy said:

The Camera's don't ******* work!?! I'd be raising holy hell with the Council, given they bought it a couple years ago. They are sorting the centre out, but that's bang out of order. Luckily I don't park there, live in walking distance. I tend to find contacting the local councillors can get something done, although with an election due in a couple of weeks, might be best to wait.

Now I'm thinking about it, there was a Silver S-max that followed me to Tesco last week. Bet they were annoyed when I went to the click and collect and not into the store. 🤣

If I spot it again, I'm phoning the Police.

I see your point but I don’t think it would improve my situation any and just adds more stress and workload on me which I just don’t feel like taking on. 

the security supervisor was telling me how he had his bike stolen in the car park twice and now he just gets the bus.

the ones in charge just don’t care. 

• Like 2

Out of interest have I done the right thing by going through my insurance?

im paying £400 excess and it isn’t even going through the main dealer, it’s a company called KC autos Stockport. 

I imagine it will be months until they get the part.

another question is can you legally decay a 2015 per facelift auris?

Just read a news snippet.  A guy in California woken up about 2am to the sound of cat thief’s working on his car.  He confronts them, and he stabbed and killed one.  Wouldn’t recommend confronting them, would not do so myself, but it’s at least one scumbag gone.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Steven83 said:

Out of interest have I done the right thing by going through my insurance?

im paying £400 excess and it isn’t even going through the main dealer, it’s a company called KC autos Stockport. 

I imagine it will be months until they get the part.

another question is can you legally decay a 2015 per facelift auris?

Legally De-Cat that should say.

Oh and just to add.

Obviously yesterday I had to speak with the police and my insurance company.

Both said they have received a massive amount of reports/claims on this in the past few months and it was clearly on the increase so please take extra care.

the guy that stole mine was driving a ford s-max as seen in the video. The reg shows it is taxed, mot’d and insured so it’s either cloned or he is an idiot. Probably both! 

but please be aware of this car in the Manchester/ Stockport area. 

IMG_3956.png

• Like 6

Really sorry to hear about that.. 
I know in my town police has pursued and caught three men recently. They been cutting exhaust from a car nearby and neighbours had called the police. They had equipment and few cats in the car. Taken to court quickly, I hope they have got some punishment but I am not sure what and how much. 
I thought these thefts went down, but in fact the cat thefts might be on the rise. I drive through a London”s streets recently that are full of Toyota Priuses, some are even parked there and stay without use, few of them had their cats stolen, two of them had the aluminium heat insulation hang down under the car., it’s really a plaque thing these car thefts. 
It is obviously that no protection can stop them. 
Have you got your hybrid badges removed from the car? 

• Like 2

At least you have the number plate and the men responsible on the video.
In this case you may request to your insurance provider not to counted as your fault. Pass this info to them. 
Good luck 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mcntosh said:

Website says the catloc survived 5 minute attack tests but no details on what kind of tools were used.

I’ve always thought the catloc would not stop a really determined thief but less than a minute to cut it off makes it pretty useless. Maybe they had some particularly effective equipment?

Yes it's called a cordless angle grinder.  

• Haha 1

Looking at the picture of the plate it looks like it was fitted wrong or its a bad design.  You would think that the two brackets hanging down should not be visible so it could withstand a grinder attack.

They supposedly had shut down one group, and it had gone down for a while, but it seems like it's been on the rise. I know down here, Barnet has a reputation for a high incidence of it.

A colleague parked her Honda just to nip in to visit a friend and when she came out her cat had been nicked!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

20 hours ago, tfc said:

Yes it's called a cordless angle grinder.  

So much for the marine-grade steel in the catloc. I also have the Toyota one. Maybe I should have saved my money.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links