Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

what is the stickonstrip on the wheelarch passengerside for?

Paul john

Just got my prius back from the bodyshop but they didnt replace the stick on strip on the wheelarch passenger side  

is this important ? Have been told its a rub strip. 

Toyota tend to put adhesive plastic pieces strategically on the rear fender and wheel arch area, I assume where they think may be prone to stop chipping or some such. All my Yarisusesieeueisesses have had them. Some people don't like them and remove them but they're stuck on very strongly.

They're not critical but can be replaced, although smeg knows what the part number is!

• Like 2

Several of our cars have had these - Honda, Mazdas, Hyundais, Nissans and Toyotas - so not just Toyota that use them. They are to protect against potential stone chips. 

Never had any problem with them.

• Like 2

Again not fully completed job by the garage. 👎 Was it an accident repair by the insurance? Do they not getting pay enough to finish the job correctly? Best to return and request a new stripe installed on as these do stop stones hitting that area and causing paint damage and eventually corrosion afterwards. I had cars with severely damaged bottom corners and almost completely destroyed stripes, however paint work was fine underneath. 

• Like 3

When we brought our toyota we had stone chip protectors on both rear arches. however the previous owner has not cleaned them properly and the dirt and grime had got under the film edges and having tried various methods to get them clean but with no joy.

As the car is pure white these dirty edges stood out like a sore thumb. I asked about taking them off and many members recommended to just replace them.

I took them off many months ago and have kept a close eye on the arches especially when cleaning the car for any stone chips in these areas and if so I would replace them.

However so far no stone chips so perhaps I have been lucky but will still keep an eye out just in case.

• Like 2

I sometimes wish I could cover the whole car in that stuff, esp. with all these bits of tree landing on my car lately! :wacko:

I kinda want to have a thicker ceramic coating put on it but not sure who even does such a thing, as most places that do ceramic coatings are detailers and they focus more about the look than the hardness and damage resistance...

• Like 2

Think what you need is one of these 

image.thumb.png.9c4fa91cfcdab354debc729aa6e090f6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Or a hybrid ....

image.thumb.png.cf1bb89b62831ab6daff3aafe6f658c0.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are closer to the mark than you realize!!!!!

If they sold one of those that could get similar mpg to my Mk4, it'd be the perfect vehicle for defensive driving in London :laugh: 

I think they'd be pretty handy for dealing with all the potholes and speed humps too :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is what we need for driving in and around London and the most of the country I believe with very few exceptions  All that because of the driving standards of majority of drivers and particularly the trade, lorries, busses, vans etc and secondly because of the conditions of the roads.
For those who think that’s a crazy above, ok you are then one of the few lucky ones who live in a place completely different from the uk reality and particularly south east. And for those who said “ no worries about glass roofs and damage “ , really, just had a large stone chip happened to my side window as a result of someone overtaken me and cut in quickly, and lately when you change lanes you are going over craters and you are sending  stones flying all over the cars behind. What a wonderful picture for the uk roads. These two armoured vehicles will serve very well 👌 

• Like 2

When my car was being damaged while parked, by others on a regular basis, I did consider buying an old shogun or similar,pre dented and scratched up.

But hopefully reliable and tough bodywork.

I have noticed in this country we seem to have an obsession with flawless bodywork, unlike say the Canaries and Greece where most seem to have mirrors knocked off,dents , scratches and scuffs, even on newish cars.

I reckon the only way to stop damage caused by careless morons in car parks , and even on a private driveway in some cases, are physical barriers, which is out of your own control in public.

And of course, the human tendency even among the young and fit, to take the shortest route,as though two more steps would cause them to collapse with heart failure.

Getting within an inch or less of someone's pride and joy motor, with shopping trolleys,feral children scraping toys along, and clueless reversers is the normal.

Of course I do try to keep well away from these sorts, but have to be resigned to damage in the manner of our Spanish and Greek cousins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

When my car was being damaged while parked, by others on a regular basis, I did consider buying an old shogun or similar,pre dented and scratched up.

But hopefully reliable and tough bodywork.

I have noticed in this country we seem to have an obsession with flawless bodywork, unlike say the Canaries and Greece where most seem to have mirrors knocked off,dents , scratches and scuffs, even on newish cars.

I reckon the only way to stop damage caused by careless morons in car parks , and even on a private driveway in some cases, are physical barriers, which is out of your own control in public.

And of course, the human tendency even among the young and fit, to take the shortest route,as though two more steps would cause them to collapse with heart failure.

Getting within an inch or less of someone's pride and joy motor, with shopping trolleys,feral children scraping toys along, and clueless reversers is the normal.

Of course I do try to keep well away from these sorts, but have to be resigned to damage in the manner of our Spanish and Greek cousins.

You nearly have the solution to the problem, buy the shotgun by all means and mount an armed guard by marching around the car in the car park 🤣😂🤪

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links