Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

water Leak in wheel well

Micken

There is water leaking into the boot wheel well of my 2010 T27 tourer.  I have removed one of the large rubber grommets leaving a 4cm hole in the wheel well floor to drain out any excess water. can Exhaust fumes enter the car via this hole whle driving.

I would be more concerned about the water leak and resolving this. If the leak is not evident then spray a hose over the boot area and this should indicate where the leak is coming from. If this doesn't show anything then spray the hose over each rear panel including the roof. It's also possible that the waters getting in through one of the rear lights so do these as well .

It is possible that some exhaust fumes could leak up through the open hole but put the grommet back in when the water has drained. If you do not resolve the water leak you will cause more damage to the car then the repair cost for a new gasket or rubber.👍

As suggested above the water is coming through the tail lights or in my case it was the bracket which holds the boot lid gas strut. A bit of 2K glue or sealant will do.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links