Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

"Power Wi-Fi" and how to update software? (Yaris 2021)

Dannymw

I bought my first car - Yaris 2021. I have two questions:
1.I was trying to connect the car multimedia to my iPhone's hotspot. Sadly "Power Wi-Fi" does nothing but showing the wifi icon. Why is that?
2.How do you update the firmware:

image.thumb.jpeg.c5736d38e01d7df16d9befd37830c311.jpeg

Thanks!

WiFI power is only for mirrorlink unless you have the sat nav what wasn't an option in 2021, Updates are OTA as long as you have a My T account set up, the app is optional, AA and AC are tethered only

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, flash22 said:

WiFI power is only for mirrorlink unless you have the sat nav what wasn't an option in 2021, Updates are OTA as long as you have a My T account set up, the app is optional, AA and AC are tethered only

Thank you for your comment.
What do AA and AC stand for?

Android Auto, Apple Car (Play)

Basically turns the infotainment display into an extension of your smartphone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lots of todays tech can use mirror link basically whats on your phone sent to other gadgets like car , computer or oven your TV set.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Dannymw said:

I bought my first car - Yaris 2021. I have two questions:
1.I was trying to connect the car multimedia to my iPhone's hotspot. Sadly "Power Wi-Fi" does nothing but showing the wifi icon. Why is that?
2.How do you update the firmware:

image.thumb.jpeg.c5736d38e01d7df16d9befd37830c311.jpegin this case 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Only the latest "Smart Connect" units internally known as TAS600 in Aygo X, Yaris, Yaris Cross and MM21 in all other Models can update their Firmware/Maps OTA.

The OP car has a MM19 head unit in this case without embedded navigation ( There is no MEU information on the update screen, DCU is Display MEU is navigation ) if there were Navigation installed the local Maps could be updated OTA.

Firmware on MM19 is via USB and software is available via TSB on www.toyota-tech.eu or via dealer appointment the latest Firmware is 1413 fixing:

• DCU Software release version 1413:

• Miracast now available

• Update of roadside assist numbers

• MEU part number may not be read

• Suddenly no sound output from Android Auto music

• DAB BBC World station cannot be selected in Italy (Not displayed in the station list)

• System does not return to the CarPlay Audio screen after CarPlay call ends

• Update on Gracenote app

Since 1393.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Only the latest "Smart Connect" units internally known as TAS600 in Aygo X, Yaris, Yaris Cross and MM21 in all other Models can update their Firmware/Maps OTA.

The OP car has a MM19 head unit in this case without embedded navigation ( There is no MEU information on the update screen, DCU is Display MEU is navigation ) if there were Navigation installed the local Maps could be updated OTA.

Firmware on MM19 is via USB and software is available via TSB on www.toyota-tech.eu or via dealer appointment the latest Firmware is 1413 fixing:

• Miracast now available

• DAB BBC World station cannot be selected in Italy (Not displayed in the station list)

Since 1393.

THIS is great. Thank you for this.

btw, how do you know which version is the current one? I'm not sure where to find it:

image.png

I did send you a PM

That is for map updates only, you do not have nav

your system is known as a MM17

how to find out the 26 digit code. Without it, I can not register on the site. Only this on the screen

20230520_171358(1).jpg

changed the system for 2016. The touch screen did not work in the old one. But there are no maps either. Is it possible to install them? Thank you

strange but on the screen only this

20230513_142509.jpg

You can not register the system, as you do not have the sat nav module

On 5/19/2023 at 11:31 PM, Devon Aygo said:

• Miracast now available

Since 1393.

I've checked mine today, it's the same unit as Dannymw's but with version 1257.

Can you tell me if there is anything major fixed since then? 

I once asked my dealer if there are updates, they said no. That was October 2022... 🙄

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, einfachGaer said:

I've checked mine today, it's the same unit as Dannymw's but with version 1257.

Can you tell me if there is anything major fixed since then? 

I once asked my dealer if there are updates, they said no. That was October 2022... 🙄

Changes since 1257

• Miracast now available

• DCU Software release version 1383:

• Connectivity issues:

• Black screen while connecting bluetooth

• If USB is unplugged during Apple CarPlay call, call audio is turned off instead of the audio mode before Apple CarPlay

• Apple CarPlay usage confirmation is not displayed on the screen when the same iPhone is connected

• No sound output in other mode after USB audio playback is not working with a specific USB

• Apple CarPlay Audio Volume operation does not work

• Audio track number of CD/USB/BT/CarPlay/Android Auto is not displayed on the Meter's Audio tab

• BT may not be reconnected even if BT is switched OFF and then back ON during Android Auto call

• Apple CarPlay sound is louder only for a moment soon after switching the audio mode to Miracast

• Human-machine interface issues:

• The clock display suddenly changes. (e.g. After IG-ON, the clock display changes from 14:33 to 14:26)

• The name is incorrect when transferring the name data with ";"

• General issues:

• Roadside assist numbers update (Without Romania/Turkey)

• Gracenote App update

• Cannot make calls or data communications via DCM

• The fuel consumption is displayed as 0 during EV driving on HV vehicle

• Video files where width is not a multiple of 4 that are stored on USB memory will not be played

• The volume management is incorrect, and the volume of another audio source is heard instead

• "Temperature unit" is notified to Meter in "Fahrenheit"

• "Distance unit" is notified to Meter by "mile"

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

How are you supposed to get the updates.  Mine was serviced today and still on the same as when I picked it up 2 years ago!

17TDT1EU-CA31 with version 1257.  Gracenote is 02058.

• 8 months later...
On 6/9/2023 at 7:34 PM, RobN-RG said:

How are you supposed to get the updates.  Mine was serviced today and still on the same as when I picked it up 2 years ago!

17TDT1EU-CA31 with version 1257.  Gracenote is 02058.

I have found link for 1413.

Is it still the latest? It seems it was created on 2021-12-15

1413 is the latest update 

• Thanks 1

there was a New MM19 update last month

BE-00379T-TME

Also one for the TAS600 aka smart connect

BE-00606T-TME

not sure about the version of the updates

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links