Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross fuel miser?

cruiserOAP

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Aye I've not tested that.  I tend to drive in normal and only use pwr if I need to overtake a tractor or something.

The different modes are only for the driver to sense different car response but when in cruise control there won’t be any difference. 👍

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Aye I've not tested that.  I tend to drive in normal and only use pwr if I need to overtake a tractor or something.

You're right about the radar cruise accelerating and braking too hard. I've found that using the speed limiter gives better economy, as you can keep 'flipping' the car into EV mode by momentarily lifting off the pedal, and you can drive more smoothly than radar cruise. I managed to get it up to 112 mpg on a short trip around Market Bosworth, with 79% EV time. This is a good game! Does anyone know what the record is for the Yaris Cross Icon?  Toyota could run an anonymous score table, which would encourage economy driving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, cruiserOAP said:

You're right about the radar cruise accelerating and braking too hard. I've found that using the speed limiter gives better economy, as you can keep 'flipping' the car into EV mode by momentarily lifting off the pedal, and you can drive more smoothly than radar cruise. I managed to get it up to 112 mpg on a short trip around Market Bosworth, with 79% EV time. This is a good game! Does anyone know what the record is for the Yaris Cross Icon?  Toyota could run an anonymous score table, which would encourage economy driving.

It's just a little hard with no way to level the playing field. Someone coasting downhill for a long time and stopping there sure is gonna look good for mpg and EV time 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, cruiserOAP said:

Just occurred to me - does the car brake and accelerate itself more sharply in pwr mode compared to eco when on radar cruise? I'll have to test that out on the road

They definitely go better in sport and hold back in eco.  I’ve not noticed any difference in braking, nor would I expect it to.  

2 hours ago, CruxisCore said:

It's just a little hard with no way to level the playing field. Someone coasting downhill for a long time and stopping there sure is gonna look good for mpg and EV time 😄

You're right there - If you started at the top of a hill and stopped at the bottom you would read 199 mpg! My 112 mpg was a level round trip of about 8 miles, and driving like an old man....... hang on! I am an old man! When did that happen?

It's surreal, mopeds use more fuel than that!

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 7:47 PM, Cyker said:

Yeah, I'm quite paranoid about this sort of thing and denied permission for them to do any of this. I'd unplug/rip the SIM out of the car if I could.

Given the regularity of data breaches, I try to minimize the amount of personal data I let out anywhere.

The problem is, it's currency - The reason the likes of Facebook, Twitter, Google, Apple, Microsoft etc. are so rich is by selling personal information in various forms.

But it's all a bit moot if this pay-per-mile BS gets passed and effectively turns the whole UK road network into an infinity toll road.

It's a bit worrying when telematics designed originally to monitor young drivers start to be fitted as standard. Toyotas can be disconnected at the moment, but how long will it be before they insist that PCP leased cars are compulsorily monitored?

1 hour ago, cruiserOAP said:

like an old man....... hang on! I am an old man! When did that happen?

I know it is off topic, but that reminds me of the time I first went to hospital about my prostate. I thought to myself "this waiting room is full of old men .... oh!). :smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruiserOAP said:

It's a bit worrying when telematics designed originally to monitor young drivers start to be fitted as standard. Toyotas can be disconnected at the moment, but how long will it be before they insist that PCP leased cars are compulsorily monitored?

Furthermore, the car records your driving which can be used for warranty issues.  Toyota will also give up the recording to the police if requested.  

IMG_0803.png

• Sad 1

On 6/3/2023 at 9:05 PM, cruiserOAP said:

Not only that, but they could use AI to decide what sort of driver you are, and adjust your insurance premium, your mileage allowance, or even when and where you can drive, and with what type of car, or adjust it's maximum power output. Oh, and don't forget the usual selling of your data, to assess you for targeting with ads.

Paranoid, possibly, but then again, they are actually out to get me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My daughter will have a black box scoring system to make her insurance cheaper when she passes her test which means I have to define myself as a user on the app and be mindful when I'm driving her car.

Which in itself is not actually a bad thing but I can see it being extended to everyone and you only get cheap insurance if you have a box.

I need to check the fine print too as to what they do with the data.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links