Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

After 4 months & still waiting for my second smart key fob!

Tanasit

This sticker was on the rear driver side window when I bought the car (in the US) 4 months ago and still no second smart key yet!! 

Anyone has this problem?

IMG_3556.jpg

Hi Tanasit 

Its time you contacted your supplier and gave them a reminder that you are still waiting because its possible they are waiting for you to contact them.

( Its always possible they put a your phone number / email adress in incorectly into the system.)

3 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

Hi Tanasit 

Its time you contacted your supplier and gave them a reminder that you are still waiting because its possible they are waiting for you to contact them.

( Its always possible they put a your phone number / email adress in incorectly into the system.)

What Derek says is quite possible, no harm in a wee gee-up to your dealership. They gave themselves an out and didn’t say how much later, they must have an idea how long it takes from experience.

• Like 2

Some Toyota models are being supplied with only one key due to chip shortages, etc - not only in the US where you are, but also in Europe and the UK, where Toyota Owners Club is based. Get back in touch with your dealer - not just by e-mail, phone - and request they progress the issue.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Derek.w said:

Hi Tanasit 

Oh yes I did contacted them via email twice and they told me they will check and get back to me and it's been over a week with no result yet!!

I'll report back once thing happens.

Thanks

22 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

What Derek says is quite possible, no harm in a wee gee-up to your dealership. They gave themselves an out and didn’t say how much later, they must have an idea how long it takes from experience.

BTW, before this bZ4X I had a Prius V and I wanted an extra key fob. The dealer asked a total of around $500.00 for key fob plus programming and laser cut manual key.

I went and bought 3 generic key fobs from eBay all of which is under $50.00 (on different time though) and took it to a dealer manager who promised to program it for free BUT none of them work!! The Toyota one is $300.00. Oh well...worth to try since I could return ALL the 3 fobs.

8 minutes ago, Tanasit said:

Oh yes I did contacted them via email twice and they told me they will check and get back to me and it's been over a week with no result yet!!

I'll report back once thing happens.

Thanks

Next time you ring take it to a sales person if you have your contact or Assistant Service Manager.

Then follow it up in with a email to one or the other above. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links