Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

NEW Toyota MyT App

152bobby

Just noticed there's a new one to download today, which is replacing the existing app !!

Mine didn't quite work fully...anyone else have a problem ?

I'm not deleting the existing app until I get this new one working.

• Thanks 1

Looks like it's settling down a bit.  What it doesn't like completing, is logging into the Multimedia system in the car using the QR code method (or the VIN method).  So I guess until I get that working, I can't do the unlocking etc remotely.

I've noticed that the old(er) app has auto deleted and disconnected from my car.

I'm sure I'll get there in the end.😂

PS: I'm on Android.

Mmmm,

yes, I can see a new app on Apple App Store, but I think I’ll wait a few decades before downloading it, so most of the issues are ironed out 😅

Smart move, this is what I do with new first edition mobile phones. 😂 I'll keep you well updated 👍

I downloaded the new app yesterday but it does not work. I signed in using my usual sign in ID and password but it says I own a car I sold over a year ago and no other. It won’t even show any other data.  The existing app, using the same ID and password, works fine showing the correct car and all relevant data. I have deleted the new one.

It looks like somebody has dropped a spherical writing the software for it.

Be sure to leave feedback for the developer from where you downloaded it from, presumably Apple IOS or The Google Play Store for Android, so that they are aware of issues.

Also looks like it's Vehicle/Model specific for now..

Screenshot_20230606_124226_Google Play Store.jpg

MyT app on my iPhone has auto "updated", more like downgraded, and removed all of my car details, the car itself and calendar entries.

A totally useless change from whoever changed this app

Again, please leave feedback for the developer, so they sort it ASAP 👍

3 hours ago, 152bobby said:

Again, please leave feedback for the developer, so they sort it ASAP 👍

Have done. But do they read it?

4 hours ago, 152bobby said:

Also looks like it's Vehicle/Model specific for now..

Screenshot_20230606_124226_Google Play Store.jpg

You are lucky. I did not even get that screen. Just reference to a car sold over a year ago.

I've emailed them direct via the link on Google Play, left a review on Google Play and sent a email via the app.  The more people that report it (moan), maybe they will do something.

If it does not get fixed, I'll be complaining, because I like using the remote functions.

For all who try to find it and don't succeed : the app is only available for the highest spec at the moment, being the EXCLUSIVE.
It's not available f.e. for my Edge.

As per my earlier screenshot listing the compatible cars.

True...was just repeating the info for people who never read screenshots... but DO read the thread.

😉

• Like 1

So, I have been exchanging information and screenshots with Toyoya GB PLC Multimedia  & Connected Car Support today.

They have stated that when you install the new MyT app, it will (should) remove all the data from the old app and migrate it over...which is more or less what it has done for me.

It's still mystery to them why the remote functions are not showing up on the new MyT app (well, in my case it's not).

Now that they have some feedback and troubleshooting from me, they are going to investigate further and get back to me.

I'll keep you updated.

PS: I'm not sure if you delete the new app and go back to the old app and register your car again and sign in, you will have what you had before!!  I'm not going to try this for now, I'll wait and see what happens now that the Support people are aware that there is a issue.

• Like 1

Seems to be fixed now 👍

Screenshot_20230609_124756_Gmail.jpg

Ok, so I have tested this today and sent back my concerns to Toyota (see attached screenshot).

Until they sort this, I'll not be using any remote functions.

Screenshot_20230609_163819_Gmail.jpg

Ok, after further testing and playing with the remote options, everything seems to be working as it should.

In the attached photos, I didn't really notice the "status" icon, this tells me at what stage a remote function is at.  Also if you hit the "Bell," icon, it lists everything!!

So, I think it's all good to go now.

Screenshot_20230610_201144_TOYOTA MyT.jpg

Screenshot_20230610_201056_TOYOTA MyT~2.jpg

Screenshot_20230610_200754_TOYOTA MyT~2.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now a couple of weeks in and the new app is no good. It will only show a car I owned and sold 15 months ago. I cannot delete it and/or add the current vehicle. The only detail it gives me is that my car is available to be collected, but that was 2 years ago. I have reported it to Toyota. Several emails down and it just will not work. The old app is fine.

Mine seems fine now.  You should contact the Toyota Developer via the app itself or via the App on the Google or Apple store.

They did get back to me and sorted my issues out.

Well, in that case, leave them a crap review, that will prompt them.

I left both a detailed review and contacted them.

Can those who have the “new” app confirm its name. In the Apple App Store there are two.

One is called “MyT by Toyota” which is the one I downloaded prior to collecting my car (Aygo X Exclusive) in September last year. This is not a new app. 4 + years old and the current version is 4.17.

The other is called “Toyota MyT”. This is what I was directed to use as a replacement it being a new app, it’s far from new. I saw this app first in 2020. All it does is tell me what I have ordered and the state of production. In my case it says I own a car I sold to Toyota 15 months ago! There is no provision to edit it. The App Store says this was released over 4 years ago.

I am not therefore seeing a new app in the App Store, only the 4 year old ones which have had version releases.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links