Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Hybrid worth buying?

SamanthaH9899

My parents are looking to buy a new vehicle and are looking into a Corolla Hybrid, so they asked me to look into the as they have never had a hybrid and know i almost bought one but opted not to last year. I have a 22 rav4 trd I decided against the hybrid after cable gate started because we live in Canada so the corrosion from salt is a high probability and 7 grand in repair was not a gamble I was willing to take. I don't see anything saying the Corolla has the same issue but does it? Are there any other major issues I should know about and look into? 

Toyota Owners Club is UK based, with the majority of members in the UK. So any perspective would by a UK/European one.

There is a version of the Club for the Americas - us.toyotaownersclub.com - so you may be best to pose the same question there. 

When I was researching the Corolla I watched a lot of reviews on YouTube and many were from Canada. They seem to rate it highly too, although you guys get a different spec I think… I’m jealous of the heated steering wheel.

there is also a guy called carcarenut I think who gives tons of info on Toyota hybrids. 

I'd default to yes, as the Corolla hybrid is a good car, but I know people who live in 'the rust belt' and they always get the car undersealed when they buy to stave off the tinworm as long as possible.

Toyota's aren't particularly sealed against rust than any other vehicle, so if they do live in an area prone to it, it's highly recommended they get someone to put some sort of seal, e.g. lanolin, on and in all the panels and metal parts just to make it last longer.

Hi, 

Corolla hybrid its probably the best small car in its class just because of two reasons: 1. It’s a hybrid, 2. It’s a Toyota. 
If you are worried about the corrosion on high voltage cable avoid getting the awd version and stick to fwd., these has no issues at all. , the corrosion problem affects only cars with rear axle electric motor.
In Canada I believe you have saloon and hatchback versions, the hatchback is slightly smaller on the rear seat , something to note if you are  about carrying passengers on the rear seats often. That’s all pretty much. Definitely a good choice for a small car, drives great and will last long. Regular car washes and undercarriage washes are best way to protect against rust..👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links