Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 2.0d P1250 Help!

Riddeirik

Hello, ive got a Toyota Rav4 2.0d D4d. 2003 model.

Im about to craft nails out of this car as its doing my head in.

Ive got the P1250 fault code.

Ive searched far and wide but every other topic is about everyone having loss of power. Im struggling with too much.

I can feel the car runs way to good, turbo spools up quickly. Good acceleration and everything. But once i hit 2.5/3k rpm it stutters as it seems like its not getting enough fuel to keep up. 

My current boost pressure is 321 Kpa/3.2bar @ 3000rpm going uphill in 3rd gear. So thats waaay more than it should have. But i cant find anything anywhere about what the normal turbo pressure should be. 

Ive Swapped out all the vacum hoses. New vsv, new Map sensor, new Maf sensor, new diesel filter, new air filter, checked actuator is opening/closing properly. 

What on earth could be forcing my poor turbo to run at such high pressure? Any advice would be appreciated. 

Have you had the fuel injectors checked Eirik ?

1 hour ago, Hybrid21 said:

Have you had the fuel injectors checked Eirik ?

Hey, not more than what the diagnostic tool told me. But that would not make my turbo to produce over 3 bar boost anyway?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Riddeirik said:

Hello, ive got a Toyota Rav4 2.0d D4d. 2003 model.

Im about to craft nails out of this car as its doing my head in.

Ive got the P1250 fault code.

Ive searched far and wide but every other topic is about everyone having loss of power. Im struggling with too much.

I can feel the car runs way to good, turbo spools up quickly. Good acceleration and everything. But once i hit 2.5/3k rpm it stutters as it seems like its not getting enough fuel to keep up. 

My current boost pressure is 321 Kpa/3.2bar @ 3000rpm going uphill in 3rd gear. So thats waaay more than it should have. But i cant find anything anywhere about what the normal turbo pressure should be. 

Ive Swapped out all the vacum hoses. New vsv, new Map sensor, new Maf sensor, new diesel filter, new air filter, checked actuator is opening/closing properly. 

What on earth could be forcing my poor turbo to run at such high pressure? Any advice would be appreciated. 

Hi, This I posted other tread about same issue. Hope this helps you too

"I had this turbo over boost problem randomly coming over a year. Car felt like there was no power even when there was no limp mode or fault codes. Just when I thought I start to do same things that everybody else has done, came out P0340 code. That's camshaft position sensor. I wipe this code out few times but it came back after few days. So I bought new sensor and replaced it. After that car worked perfect. There was power again, no limp modes, no check engine light. It felt like a new car again.

I thought that when this sensor is coming end of its days, it might cause all these symptoms.

Anyway, just wanted to tell my experience if there is still some one out there who is trying to find answers these problems"

6 hours ago, J4nnu said:

Hi, This I posted other tread about same issue. Hope this helps you too

"I had this turbo over boost problem randomly coming over a year. Car felt like there was no power even when there was no limp mode or fault codes. Just when I thought I start to do same things that everybody else has done, came out P0340 code. That's camshaft position sensor. I wipe this code out few times but it came back after few days. So I bought new sensor and replaced it. After that car worked perfect. There was power again, no limp modes, no check engine light. It felt like a new car again.

I thought that when this sensor is coming end of its days, it might cause all these symptoms.

Anyway, just wanted to tell my experience if there is still some one out there who is trying to find answers these problems"

Thanks for your suggestion! Thats what most people experiemce. But my problem seem to be opposite, its got too much power. The acceleration is incredible and turbo boosts too much

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links