Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help with rear axle stands

RHYSF00

So in 2 weeks i got my service and brake fluid needed. The other day i had to get to the back and i cant see a good point where to support the car at the rear. 

Mine a 3dr version of t3. 

Help will be much appreciated with image support. 

If it’s not suspension or wheel related, I place blocks of wood under the wheels/tyres.

This diagram from the Toyota owners manual shows the jacking points for our model. 

As well as the four side jacking points you can use a Trolley jack on the two central points shown.

The rear point looks very unlikely as its just a small peice of metal hanging  down - see pic.

Whatever you do, ensure you use a pair of axle stands incase the jack fails and place the engne in gear /chock the front wheels when jacking the rear up.

We now use this type of stands,much easier to use that the ones you adjust with a pin bar.

https://www.toolstation.com/axle-stand/p83498

Lots of one man  brake bleeders on the market, find the Gunson one very good.

001815.thumb.jpg.fb08f4702bfe84a257b8bfb1d575f66b.jpg

001816.thumb.jpg.76974d49272bddf8d76ff5352e1fe6db.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, oldcodger said:

This diagram from the Toyota owners manual shows the jacking points for our model. 

As well as the four side jacking points you can use a Trolley jack on the two central points shown.

The rear point looks very unlikely as its just a small peice of metal hanging  down - see pic.

Whatever you do, ensure you use a pair of axle stands incase the jack fails and place the engne in gear /chock the front wheels when jacking the rear up.

We now use this type of stands,much easier to use that the ones you adjust with a pin bar.

https://www.toolstation.com/axle-stand/p83498

Lots of one man  brake bleeders on the market, find the Gunson one very good.

001815.thumb.jpg.fb08f4702bfe84a257b8bfb1d575f66b.jpg

001816.thumb.jpg.76974d49272bddf8d76ff5352e1fe6db.jpg

i be using a pump jack and then axle stands. got to pit car on 4 axle stands to be able to do brake fluid change. i ont know if i have enough lift if i use the rear jack point then use the sides as axle points. the rear dont have a solid fram unlinke the front. the front has a solid beam eather side which is ok for axle stands but the back got nothing. 

Using that rear central jacking point, (which looking at it you would think it would crumble, but it seems ok )  with a standard small jack you need to place the jack on something like some pieces of 6x2 timber to give the lift needed to get it high enough for the axle stands, unless you are lucky enough to have one of the large trolley jacks like in that pic which will lift it ok.  Know its obvious but have to say - Don't put the wood on top of the jacking point, it acts as a log splitter !!

When bleeding the brakes just jack up the fronts and bleed them , lower , then jack up the rears.

The book sequence if your need it  -     LF , RF , LR , RR

• Like 1

Rear and front points look for a triangle on the sill if using a trolly jack I recomend cutting a  piece of 2 by 2 to acept the lip of the sill groove.

You can also use the rear axil itself lift up from one side use axle stand then lower onto stand repeat at other side or a combination of the two methods.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links