Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bigger battery in Yaris Cross?

Hicardo

14 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

One is mechanically linked; the other is electrical with motors that can fail. Guess which is more reliable!

I agree on this point, but if I well understood the point, according to some reviewer the use of a mechanical lever to open fluel flap is considered a shame. 

What I mean, for normal operations, what's difference for an end user to pull a lever under the seat o push a button on the console ?

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RickyC said:

I agree on this point, but if I well understood the point, according to some reviewer the use of a mechanical lever to open fluel flap is considered a shame. 

What I mean, for normal operations, what's difference for an end user to pull a lever under the seat o push a button on the console ?

Non, but hey they need to moan about something. Auto journalists are clowns with very few exceptions. Same applies to dealers sales persons. Majority know nothing about cars, not even about services or accessories they try to sell to you. It’s also written in their job description👌

• Haha 2

There is no real advantage - It's more expensive, heavier, more prone to failure, uses power. The only perceived advantage is the same sort of thing of big rims and soft-touch plastics - It's considered more premium; Why use effort to pull a lever like a peasant when you can caress a button and have the car do it for you?

• Haha 1

It doesn't matter how big the Battery is if you are not using the car often enough you will still run out of juice eventually.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2023 at 10:44 PM, Max_Headroom said:

It doesn't matter how big the battery is if you are not using the car often enough you will still run out of juice eventually.

I believe the thread (based on the original post) is about the hybrid Battery size/capacity, not about 12v at all.

• Like 4

Strange you picked on my single post when there are many off topic posts  about the positioning of the  fuel filler levers in the thread!  😉

Well they are a little different. For whatever reason we moved on to discussing the fuel levers but obviously everyone knows that wasnt the point, but yours was more of an accident 😄 

Although the whole thread is kinda futile when there's nothing to discuss about the topic since the conversation ends at "is the hybrid Battery bigger in Yaris Cross? -No" 😄

• Haha 1

That was the question really....although the technical answer to this question  seems to be NO - ie the Battery is the same, the entire motoring press seem to think otherwise, and we hear this parroted all the time.  How did they all arrive at the same false conclusion?> For what its worth my stab at answering that would be: "the motoring press found that the YC in their mpg tests exceeded the regular Yaris hatchback for frugality, probably by chance, as it's heavier, and thats the only conclusion they could draw - that it had a bigger capacity battery"

Because the majority of the motoring press are sheep and watch and copy each other instead of spent some time to read or watch something more valuable and more educational. Toyota officials and Toyota owners who knows their cars are simply laughing at those morons, like scotty Kilmer pictures of laughing horses at the background when he make  a jokes 😂🤩😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Because the majority of the motoring press are sheep and watch and copy each other instead of spent some time to read or watch something more valuable and more educational. Toyota officials and Toyota owners who knows their cars are simply laughing at those morons, like scotty Kilmer pictures of laughing horses at the background when he make  a jokes 😂🤩😉

Tbh it feels like a lot of Toyota dealers dont really know the cars that well either. I really do think Toyota cars are often kinda misunderstood. People who dont care about cars and just hop in and drive get along well with them, but then a lot of people are still stuck with old mantras of purely ICE car eras. I feel very little applies to a modern Toyota hybrid that applied to literally every car 20 years ago. 

Like a great example is the lack of alternator and how its not about how much you DRIVE, but how much you are in ready mode. Now, for the salesman I guess it might be simpler to explain to the elderly couple that "just drive an hour a week and its fine" than start with "be in ready-mode 1h a week". 

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links