Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota aims to have a commercial solid state battery by 2027

FROSTYBALLS

This was reported a few days ago on NHK World news (Japan News English) these would be the 2nd generation Solid State batteries. I do wonder if the UK will get that version in ‘27 maybe ‘28. That will put even more strain on the charging infrastructure.

• Like 2

Would be great for public rapid chargers. If you'd like this at home, keep dreaming! You'd need a 2,000 Amp power supply at 240V. Most domestic supply fuses max out at 100 Amps.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this from Toyota you have a few years to wait I presume.

IMG_0628.thumb.PNG.2b69597c63d0775a714defba559b2525.PNG

• Like 2

Similar topics merged.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 6:10 PM, Mister Mike said:

Would be great for public rapid chargers. If you'd like this at home, keep dreaming! You'd need a 2,000 Amp power supply at 240V. Most domestic supply fuses max out at 100 Amps.

I expect homes and public charging points will all have their own stationary solid state storage Battery, which will be able to charge the car Battery from 0% to 100% in 10 minutes.

Off-peak charging of the stationary storage Battery, and charge the car anytime you want.

• Like 2

I think we're unlikely to see them in the home in the near future - AFAIK* almost all home-installation batteries are depleted EV batteries that have been re-certified at their lower capacity.

It makes sense as you pay a low less per kWh, and space and weight are less of an issue in a house than it is in a car!

*As far as I know

• Like 2

Toyota claims it has made a technological breakthrough that will eventually lead to a solid-state Battery capable of delivering up to 745 miles of range, all while completely recharging in 10 minutes.

This should be seen as good news but without the infrastructure for car charging nationally, which EV manufacturers like Toyota and others are no doubt aware of, realistically this will not happen. Why do they continue to pursue this?

• Like 1

Recharged in ten minutes wont be for home charging & probably wont be good for the Battery pack over the long term if used regular on a day to day bases.

Every week the range is going up or mfg prices for Battery packs is moving down.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...