Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake disc retaining screws

Peter R

Hi, could someone tell me what size the brake retaining screws are on a 2007 Yaris Zinc ? Thanks

Moved to the Yaris forum.

Usually M6 cap head.  A lot of cars don’t have them so don’t beat yourself up.  If you insist, most parts suppliers stock them.   

The small screws to hold the brake disc in place against the hub? IIRC, I got some of these for my Avensis, but had to cut them down a little shorter. These were countersunk head, not cap head.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-countersunk-head-socket-screws-a2-stainless-steel-m6-x-16mm-50-pack/6197t

• Like 2

I wouldn't bother. The wheel and it's torqued nuts/bolts secure the disc to the hub . They are only there as an aid to keep the disc inplace during the car's assembly.

They will be, as already advised, countersunk head, not cap head as the attached picture. That could prove problematic!

cap head.jpeg

37 minutes ago, olonas said:

Err, no.

😂

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, paul9 said:

The small screws to hold the brake disc in place against the hub? IIRC, I got some of these for my Avensis, but had to cut them down a little shorter. These were countersunk head, not cap head.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-countersunk-head-socket-screws-a2-stainless-steel-m6-x-16mm-50-pack/6197t

Quite right, don’t know where that came from.  That bag full is extremely good value.  

On 6/15/2023 at 7:25 PM, Peter R said:

Hi, could someone tell me what size the brake retaining screws are on a 2007 Yaris Zinc ? Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys, spoke to parts dept at Inchcape Toyota in Warrington they couldn’t find anything on the screen🙄(Main dealer lol) Anyway as they aren’t an absolute necessity I will give them a miss.

• Like 1

I have no idea about the car in question but in some other makes and models the holes on the brake discs aren’t for retaining bolts but for extraction bolts, those who will help you remove the sticky disc out instead of hammering out.  Perhaps those could be the same things. Just my two cents. 👍

18 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I have no idea about the car in question but in some other makes and models the holes on the brake discs aren’t for retaining bolts but for extraction bolts, those who will help you remove the sticky disc out instead of hammering out.  Perhaps those could be the same things. Just my two cents. 👍

Cheers, thanks for that😉

1 hour ago, Peter R said:

Cheers, thanks for that😉

You are welcome 👍

This is a front disc from a 2008 Avensis.  There are no holes for a retaining screw.  If there were holes, they would be countersunk, to match the screw.

The two holes that you can see have an 8mm thread, those are the holes you would screw a bolt into, if you were having difficulty getting the disc to come away.

20230323_150701.thumb.jpg.5212c2852259182106c5c996c6afe54e.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I worked at Toyota in Burnaston and no cars built had disc retaining screws. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the info, on a different subject have you any idea if any of the universal bush removal tools are compatible with the Yaris2 for removing the axle beam bushes ? Looked on line and theres a kit specifically for the Yaris and a couple of other Toyota models but its £150.00 whereas there’s plenty of universal ones at £30,£40 ish

cheers, Peter

I just use a bolt or threaded studding with washers and a socket that will go through and push the rubber bush out.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links