Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rubbing noise

bbomb

Got a rubbing noise coming from driver side front wheel when turning left at medium/ high speeds / all bearings and steering rack has been checked and all OK,  I have even renewed all breaks and calipers are OK 

Any ideas 

6 minutes ago, bbomb said:

Got a rubbing noise coming from driver side front wheel when turning left at medium/ high speeds / all bearings and steering rack has been checked and all OK,  I have even renewed all breaks and calipers are OK 

Any ideas 

Not sure what you mean Mark. Does it happen when taking left handed bends at medium or high speeds.?? Don’t think you’d be turning left at speed!!

Drop link play in ball joint or just the nut is needs tightening as its moving within its mounting plate.

Other posability is loose anti roll bar bushings.

All bearings & and joints have also been checked and all OK,  it's driving me nuts and don't know what else the garage ( Toyota  ) can check 

If you had work done around there recently then I bet it's the brake disc heatshield - Every time I had any work done on the front wheel area that involved more than taking the wheel off, e.g. ARB droplinks, brake pads or discs, etc., the metal plate behind the brake disk, aka the stupid heatshield, would always end up rubbing on it at certain steering angles, and I'd have to take it back and get whoever did the work to try and bend it out a fraction until it stopped doing it.

• Like 2

Yes, whoever worked on the car of touched the brake plates could have bent them and then the disc will scrub and make a noise. Sometimes continuously sometimes  only in turns. Tyres can also do strange noise, check pressure, wear on the treads etc. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links