Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm an eejit but thank heavens for logical, simple Toyota.

Yugguy1970

So this morning I managed to push a bulb into the front headlamp indicator space, no hope of getting it out.  Because I'm an eejit 🤣

I had to take side wheel arch trim and bumper off so I could then remove the headlamp and tip it up.

It took a good hour and a great deal of screws and poppers but following a couple of videos on youtube it was actually a simple thing to do, everything is logically laid out and no weird bolts for the sake of it like I've seen before.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

That is one of the big plusses with Toyotas - They seem to think about the poor mechanic when packaging everything in the car, so stuff you're likely to need to access regularly is put in a really easy to access place, and things are just generally nice and logical and modular and accessible.

I loved little things like that they almost always put a little hatch in the undertray, so you don't have to remove the whole tray just to do any oil change like you do with almost every other car - Just pop off the hatch and the filter and drain plug are there!

Not like some cars where you have to take the engine out to change the spark plugs or oil filter :laugh: 

It's a complaint I hear increasingly the younger model a german car is, where they apparently pack stuff in with the sole aim of cramming everything in as small a space as possible, and you get infuriating things like e.g. all the bolts for the alternator can be accessed except one, which requires a wing to be removed, or is fouled by a bunch of hoses which require the coolant to be drained so they can be removed first etc.

• Like 3

There was a bit of that in that the headlamp has four bolts, 3 accessible from tne top but the fourth is at the side and that's what needs the bumper off.  Which needs the side arch trims off.

I laid all the screws and poppers for each area on a labelled piece of paper as they're all quite similar and there's a lot.

Basil the cavapoo helped himself to one of the clips while I wasn't looking but I got it back before he chewed it to bits 🤣

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links