Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P2463 error code - 2010 1.4 d4-d

Kenito

Hello I see people have encountered this before. I changed my oil about 4000km ago, but the spanner light came on like 3000km after I reset it, and 1000km after that the engine light and vsc light came on, went into limp mode and I got the p2463 code. The car has run about 161.000 km. I see that people are struggling with the dpf at this point. Maybe I used the wrong oil and it sooted it ? I'm wondering what's the best way of eradicating this problem, I'm leaning towards taking it out, putting some dpf clean and power washing it. And using some kind of dpf helper additive that goes in the diesel.

Any other suggestions?

Check the pipes and clean the sensor, it may need a forced regen or a long run to get it hot (40-50mph high ish rpm)

17 hours ago, Kenito said:

Hello I see people have encountered this before. I changed my oil about 4000km ago, but the spanner light came on like 3000km after I reset it, and 1000km after that the engine light and vsc light came on, went into limp mode and I got the p2463 code. The car has run about 161.000 km. I see that people are struggling with the dpf at this point. Maybe I used the wrong oil and it sooted it ? I'm wondering what's the best way of eradicating this problem, I'm leaning towards taking it out, putting some dpf clean and power washing it. And using some kind of dpf helper additive that goes in the diesel.

Any other suggestions?

The Spanner light has multiple functions/indications :

• 1. Service reminder light which counts done to next service after a reset
  • 2 Oil level warning too high/too low or defective level sensor

If the light is being reset and then coming on too early this will almost certainly be an oil level issue, likely too high, this is due to failed DPF regenerations washing the bores and adding diesel to the engine oil. As soon as the light comes on DPF regenerations will be suspended and soon after the DPF will block and on come the engine management warning light.

Are there any other fault codes stored along with P2463 ( Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction - Soot Accumulation ) perhaps P252F/P0400 as this is usually an outcome to another stored code which is causing the soot accumulation?

3 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

The Spanner light has multiple functions/indications :

• 1. Service reminder light which counts done to next service after a reset
  • 2 Oil level warning too high/too low or defective level sensor

If the light is being reset and then coming on too early this will almost certainly be an oil level issue, likely too high, this is due to failed DPF regenerations washing the bores and adding diesel to the engine oil. As soon as the light comes on DPF regenerations will be suspended and soon after the DPF will block and on come the engine management warning light.

Are there any other fault codes stored along with P2463 ( Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction - Soot Accumulation ) perhaps P252F/P0400 as this is usually an outcome to another stored code which is causing the soot accumulation?

Hello! Thanks, that's what I understood as well, so now I changed the oil, and I tried a 40 minute drive on high way in 4th gear  without any luck.

No I only have that one code, nothing else. Spanner light is gone now.

I understand that maybe a forced regen or a disassembly / clean / new ? is needed?

21 hours ago, flash22 said:

Check the pipes and clean the sensor, it may need a forced regen or a long run to get it hot (40-50mph high ish rpm)

Ah where can I locate this easily? Im familiar with DIY, but I'm not sure what sensor and pipes I should clean.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 8:24 PM, flash22 said:

2 hard pipes come off the dpf iirc the sensor is on the bulkhead

https://toyota.7zap.com/en/eu/yaris/116520/nlp90l-cgfgxw/1/1708/176126c/

Thank you, I see that the dpf looks like 2 parts, the Vertical and the one under the car, or is it catalyst first and then the dpf ?

2 hours ago, Kenito said:

or is it catalyst first and then the DPF ?

That is correct 👍

the differential pressure sensor detects the difference in exhaust pressure pre and post the DPF so it knows the flow rate, if it detects low pressure on the post side it knows the DPF restricted, When the ecu has met its criteria it will do a DPF regen to burn off the particulate, there are various reasons a regen will fail

23 minutes ago, flash22 said:

That is correct 👍

the differential pressure sensor detects the difference in exhaust pressure pre and post the DPF so it knows the flow rate, if it detects low pressure on the post side it knows the DPF restricted, When the ecu has met its criteria it will do a DPF regen to burn off the particulate, there are various reasons a regen will fail

Thank you, I guess it's because it has been too full to be able to regnerate, it's 160k km on the clock and I think it's been running a lot of short trips the last couple of years, old lady owned it and didn't drive too much. My plan is to remove it and clean it and put it back, any suggestions on that? From above, under, any good ideas?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links