Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris hybrid 2016 screen washers

David Lu

Anyone know anything about this? The washers are working, but recently have given a poor clean on the driver's side, with streaking. I suspect the nozzle is partly blocked. It looks like I have to remove the sound insulation from under the bonnet (with those plastic clips that tend to break) to pull out the tube and remove the nozzle? I am a bit concerned I won't be able to get the tube back on the nozzle, as there is quite of a bit of metal in the way. One idea I have is to swop the nozzles (the passenger side is working fine). New nozzles are expensive - £22 each! Any ideas welcome.

Well, if you mangled any of the nozzle, ££20 is a cheap headache free solution. But you fan always double check that all connections are good

If the nozzle stop working properly as a result of blockage and you can take them off you can put them into a litre of warm water with OUST Descaler  inside for around 20 min then rinse with water and try them again. 
This should have cleaned any possible scale buildup. Similar solution can be used to clean the entire reservoir  but you need to be creative and find a way how to do it without remove from the car, there is a slight risk of getting pump clogged, something to think about. 

I would say it's the non-return valve that is partly clogged, ultra common issue

85321-28020

You can get after market ones for around £6

If we always use ready mix washer fluid, we rarely have deposit problems. The most common cause is using unfiltered water and mixed it with the washer fluid detergent. 

For winter fluid, usually it contains a lot of ethanol and detergent that a bit sticky. If we contaminate it with other detergent, it can cause gelling and deposit too. 

Some ignorance put dish detergent on their washer tank and kill the washer pump within days because of bubble and cavitation. The type of detergent in washer fluid is very specific and create almost no bubble.

• Like 2

If I tell what I seen in my neighbours car washer tank, omg it did looked like an old kettle found in a security office 🫢😂, full of scale and dirt.
Engine had almost no oil in and the opening mechanism of the bonnet got stuck and we couldn’t close it, so I needed to make it work again and lube it for her. When I asked when she opened last time she answered “ last year the garage that had serviced, but it’s due for another service soon in August “ 🫢 , don’t worry she said to me. 
Another thing that can mess up the washer tank and pipes and nozzles is to leave it empty especially in the hot weather. I left an empty container of my mixture in the shed and what i found after a month was not pleasant at all, although my tank is very clean and the system works great. 

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links