Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Keyfob programing with Techstream, in the UK

IanRichardS

I'm tearing my hair out here trying to program a keyfob on my 2009/2010  gen 3, Techstream sees the new key, but only beeps once and then registration fails.

Tried 2 different versions of Techstream on 2 different laptops., with 3 keys

Any clue as to why it's not working, anyone?

How many key fobs in total are currently registered?

Does the car have SKS (keyless entry and start) or just remote locking?

Are the fobs you're trying to program brand new or used?

Thanks Joseph,

Two key fobs registered, according to Techstream

It does have SKS, as in, touch the door handle and it unlocks

The fobs are allegedly new, but different chipset, and a used fob, allegedly virginised and the same chipset as my one working fob

The brand new fobs (tried 2) give one beep when offered up to the start button during registration, and then Techstream times out to a failed to register message.

The used fob gives beeps every second when offered up to the start button during registration, and then it times out to a failed to register message.

Where are you getting the "new" fobs?  Be cautious of products offered on Amazon/eBay.  Make sure they are not targeted to the US/Canada market.

Does the Gen 3 also have silver Toyota logos on the back of the fobs for SKS and black Toyota logos on the back of the fobs for remote entry?  In any case, make sure you have the correct SKS "new" fob

You didn't say whether you had a fully working fob currently because if you don't it's a totally different procedure to add a key when you don't have an existing fully working key.  It then becomes essentially an "all keys lost" situation.

Yes... The "new" fobs, and they seemed new, were from eBay, as is the used "virginised" one I currently have ,also from eBay, from a chap in London, who confirmed I have a UK vehicle.

My Original working key has a silver logo, as does the virginised key.

• 7 months later...

Hi all, I'm still strugling with this, I just had another try with Techstream V12.10.019 (already tried 4.21.002 and a V18)

Same issue, all seems good till I get to the last step, and the key fails to register. It's suposidly virginised.

However, I'm wondering if the initial problem is the option when connecting, all versions come up with this initial choice, and I really want one that refers to keyles entry, all I ever get is "other" or "radar cruise"

ring any bells with anyone?  thanks

tis.jpg

8 hours ago, IanRichardS said:

Hi all, I'm still strugling with this, I just had another try with Techstream V12.10.019 (already tried 4.21.002 and a V18)

Same issue, all seems good till I get to the last step, and the key fails to register. It's suposidly virginised.

However, I'm wondering if the initial problem is the option when connecting, all versions come up with this initial choice, and I really want one that refers to keyles entry, all I ever get is "other" or "radar cruise"

ring any bells with anyone?  thanks

tis.jpg

Are you matching the Model Code and Vehicle Type to match what is on your V5C?

I'll double check, ZVW3 hash is correct, the V5C says ZVW30(H)

The vehicle spec on Texhstream is 2ZRFXE, I dont see that on the V5C, the  version is ZVW30R-AHXEBW(3A) I'll see if I can input that

it is picking up the vin number ok. Thanks for the sugestion 

55 minutes ago, IanRichardS said:

2ZRFXE

That looks like the engine code.  The engine code of my car (Gen 2 Prius) is 1NZFXE for reference.

Is the car you're trying to set the key up on a UK market car or is it a Japanese market import?

That will make a difference to the country you select right at the start of the Techstream session.  What you select should match the market for which your car was originally destined.

I don't think selection is the issue plug the adapter into the car and start TS

Click on - Help - DLC3 cable check - post the results here

Is it a UK car or a JDM import you need to set the correct region

Click on - Setup - Techstream configuration - select the region, UK - Europe, JDM - Japan

Gen2 1NZFXE - 1.5 Hybrid  (03 - 09)

Gen3 2ZRFXE - 1.8 Hybrid (09 - 15)

OP has a gen3 designated by the ZVW30

Z - Z family of engines

V - transmission type iirc that is the P410

W - Prius

30 - 3rd Gen

If you're anywhere near the West Midlands, I have a scan tool that "should" be able to do it and you're wel to come and have a try at your risk! I'm only DIY and haven't done this myself but it might work where various knock off versions of techstream may not. It's an Xtool D7 btw, drop me a PM if you want to do that 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all who have responded, life got in the way for a while there, but now back on track, and possibly making some progress. My gen3 is definately a UK model, I have run the DLC3 test.

MyVIN starts JTD which Bob says makes it bullt in Czech Republic, I did not know that.

Here's the DLC3 result, again Bob to thank, do I have a problem ? its a fairly old cable

Also pics of the auto and manual conection options, which surely aren't right, but can't change.

Finally, thanks to Geoff, I'm in the North of Scotland, but might be passing sometime!

DLC3_test.png

VCI.jpg

Auto.png

Manual.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links