Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota estima 1999 handbrake cables

BigGinger

Hi guys. I have a snapped rear left cable on my estima. I bought this recently with known issues and I am trying to get it MOT ready. 

I am in desperate need of the rear left cable, and ideally all 3 for spares. Can anyone help? I’m struggling to find them and MOT is 2 months away. 

I have the 1999, 2.4 supercharged 2wd, Jap import. 

What model is it TCR10, 20 or TCR11, 21

The front cable is common to all mk1 estima's (Previa) 46410-28110 - BluePrint ADT346196 around £25

the rears, you have a choice of 2 per side

I would also strip and clean the regrease the balancer

Hi. 

it’s a TCR10.

The main cable is staying in place as my mechanic said it’s fine. I tried to source the original rear cables but they are no longer manufactured or in stock. 

I managed to source some for a 95 previa. The near side cable fit just fine, the offside was too short. 

I found a local company that reproduces cables so I have sent the rear ones off to have some made. 

I am brand new to these machines and it came with its fair share of issues. As well as snapped cables the horn does not work, the airbag light is on, the open door light illuminates sporadically when driving, only the front tweeter Speakers work, there is duct tape over a seal on the roof and rear brakes needed to be refurbished. That’s all I’m aware of so far. Beautiful MPV though and the interior is fantastic. 

2 rear cables 46420-28380 and 46430-28330

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/estima-emina-lucida-42444/tcr10-54610/tcr10w-rrsvv-909225/parking-brake-cable-17711362#/il-410822284-4496712-4496712

$120 plus shipping for the pair from japan

Horn doesn't work and i assume the airbag code is for the driver's airbag - Replace the clockspring AKA spiral cable 84306-28030 it can be repaired but is tricky

door warning - front door switches but more likely the contacts/pogo pins on the side doors - clean and lube

Speakers - Either blown Speakers, door loom or someone messed with the wiring behind the radio

Sunroof - more than likely blocked drains are the cause, taped up as they thought it was leaking, heat the tape up with a drier/heat gun as you will take the paint off - to get rid of the glue use Sticky Stuff remover or a Decal removal wheel AKA toffee/caramel wheel on a drill, if it's the front roof pop the glass out give the clips a tweak so it pulls down on the rubber (after you clean out the drains/gutter and seals)

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/estima-emina-lucida-42444/tcr10-54610/tcr10w-rrsvv-909225/roof-panel-back-panel-17711421?nid=4498219#g17711421/roof-panel-amp-back-panel/il-410823643-4498219-4498219

Thanks

it has an aftermarket screen so someone has definitely done work to it. It’s in the garage so my mechanic is in the process of fixing things. This does help in case he comes up stumped, especially with the airbag and horn potentially being linked but he did mention a clockspring (never heard of it before personally)

it’s the middle roof seal. Is it best to replace the seal where the tape is? I haven’t noticed any leaks at even without it raining constantly. 

I noticed the doors will illuminate the light if you push/bump them from inside whilst driving. Does that suggest it is more like to be the contact points?

I really appreciate all the help. I’m brain dead when it comes to cars. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 6:05 PM, flash22 said:

2 rear cables 46420-28380 and 46430-28330

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/estima-emina-lucida-42444/tcr10-54610/tcr10w-rrsvv-909225/parking-brake-cable-17711362#/il-410822284-4496712-4496712

$120 plus shipping for the pair from japan

Horn doesn't work and i assume the airbag code is for the driver's airbag - Replace the clockspring AKA spiral cable 84306-28030 it can be repaired but is tricky

door warning - front door switches but more likely the contacts/pogo pins on the side doors - clean and lube

Speakers - Either blown speakers, door loom or someone messed with the wiring behind the radio

Sunroof - more than likely blocked drains are the cause, taped up as they thought it was leaking, heat the tape up with a drier/heat gun as you will take the paint off - to get rid of the glue use Sticky Stuff remover or a Decal removal wheel AKA toffee/caramel wheel on a drill, if it's the front roof pop the glass out give the clips a tweak so it pulls down on the rubber (after you clean out the drains/gutter and seals)

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/estima-emina-lucida-42444/tcr10-54610/tcr10w-rrsvv-909225/roof-panel-back-panel-17711421?nid=4498219#g17711421/roof-panel-amp-back-panel/il-410823643-4498219-4498219

Hi, 

I bought the clock spring you recommended. £147 including postage. It isn’t the same as the one that has been taken off my estima. I have attached pictures. Please help 😞

it has a different connector and the old one is 5 turn, the new is 6 turn. 

IMG_3861.jpeg

IMG_3862.jpeg

Did i confirm it by Frame number/VIN ?

84306-28030 is 01/1998 -12/1999

the connector on the right is the new one, that looks like it's the early type 84306-28010

Can you PM me the Frame No./vin and a link to the listing

edit. Do the airbag connectors match ? does the rear cable plug in or is hardwired ?

PMd you

the rear cable is a match. All matches except that one wire. Can I cut both and swap out the connector that doesn’t fit? Would this clockspring even work in this car? That’s the easiest/most cost effective solution. 

Are there any part numbers on the old unit - the front cable should be able to be removed

3 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Are there any part numbers on the old unit

Unfortunately not. 

can you show me a pix of the front cable where it plugs in you should be able to swap the cables over

Tried that. Stuck in their good. Was a nightmare just to get that far 

IMG_3863.jpeg

Splice the old plug in to the new one, some have plugs, this one looks bonded in - make sure it physically fits first tho

Do this at your own risk

When you say splice in and make sure it fits, what exactly do you mean? I don’t want to make a silly mistake. Sorry

Make sure it fits the car, and steering wheel cancels the indicators when turned

Splice - join the cables in the middle, Preferably soldered and heat shrunk  stagger the joins to save from any extra bulk

I don’t know if they sent the wrong one but there is this part number on it. I have contacted them and they are trying to straighten things out. I don’t know if this helps you at all?IMG_3864.thumb.jpeg.3898462451b6c24cf93b99ff50f0a9e0.jpeg

It's the wrong part see the 84306-04010 that is a Toyota part number - for a Toyota Tacoma it may cross over in the aftermarket, i also see that has 2 different connector options the later type has the correct plugs and has 5 turns !! the part number for that is 84306-0C010

don't mess with it, send it back

what you need is..............

84306-28030

I’m in the process of sorting a replacement but came across this (pictured) and bought it. The connectors do look different, but it’s from a 1996 previa. Could I change the connectors and just stick the entire thing on the estima?

IMG_3866.png

IMG_3867.png

That is the early type that is listed for the TCR10 pre 1998 looks like the connectors are the only difference

84306-28010

There are some slight differences to shape. I’m hoping the entire thing goes on the car but there is a stray wire where the large black connector is 

• 5 weeks later...

Very close to being done with the estima but I have hit a wall. 

I had rear right and left handbrake cables make by SpeedyCables in Swansea. I only needed the right as I got the OE left from Japan but thought why not. 

turns out the mechanic can’t get it to fit right and can’t get tension on the cable. I have no idea what to do next. MOT is due this month and I cannot find the right part. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links