Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Android Auto/Apple Carplay installation

simomk

Hi. I bought a 2019 Rav4 Hybrid, which doesn't have Android Auto/APple Carplay installed. I believe the infotainment system can be upgraded for this. Toyota dealer have quoted me £100 for the Android/Apple installation, but said they need to update the satnav first or else they can't do the Android/Apple installation. They're quoting £170 for the sat nav update. Is this correct? Is there any other way to get Android/Apple without having to fork out £270 or at least avoid the satnav update? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

When I bought my 2019 RAV4 last year the seller (a main dealer) installed it for free when I mentioned it. I also heard that installation of Android Auto is £50 if done with a service. 

• Like 1

No other way. The retrofit installation was dealer fit rather than customer fit due to the possibility of bricking the head unit.

See:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks both. Looks like i'll have to go with the dealer. I could maybe save some £s by doing the latest maps update myself by purchasing the downloading online. I believe the update is fairly straight forward. 

I have a 2019 Rav4, I had mine installed when I had it serviced, £50 they charged to install it.

3 hours ago, smashedcucumber said:

I have a 2019 Rav4, I had mine installed when I had it serviced, £50 they charged to install it.

I was quoted £50 if upgraded during a service, when I picked the car up after the service, it was installed but with no mention on the invoice . When I reluctantly mentioned it. They said it didn't take long so no charge 

• 9 months later...

I also have a 2019 RAV4 and have been quoted £50 CarPlay installation if done with a service but told upgrade required on SatNav first which is £170 and car needed for at least a whole day because of the time needed for upgrade.

See Devon Aygo's post in the following topic, which explains why the sat nav update is required:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links