Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Raum 2009 help please

Edward F

Hi. I'm Edward. I joined today. I have bought a Raum on a 2009 plate. Imported from Japan. I'm curious to know what, if any, obd2 reader WILL work on it. AND how to operate the air con and heater. Since I have two "auto" buttons. One of which just seems to blow air straight at the body via the dash vents. And does nothing else 😂 anyone with real working knowledge of these wicked little cars please? I'm in Essex. Thank you all

Hi Edward, welcome lots of good advice when you need it and always welcome when you give it 👍

5 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi Edward, welcome lots of good advice when you need it and always welcome when you give it 👍

Great. That'll make a change if so. Joined the Raum Owners Club in FB... Utter shambles... 😂 Nothing by way of reply to anything I asked. Also would love to go Japfest next year with some new mates... I'm Essex based...(hint hint) 

17 minutes ago, Big_D said:

Welcome Edward

Hello. Here's hoping to gain knowledge and to help others too. My Raum is my first Toyota! Ever

• Like 1

Its a Yaris base so simple enough, the nearest UK/EU car would be the Verso-s also Yaris based, engine and gearbox not an issue 1NZ-FE and a U340E or F - parts listings not an issue, service parts excluding brakes and exhaust should be all standard off the shelf stuff

• Like 2

Thank you. Yes I've looked up engine etc. Just can't seem to find anyone that can answer the queries I've posted. Re reading the obd2 socket, my Elm327 won't. Nor did another adaptor I bought yesterday sadly. The engine is the same as in the Prius I have been told. And there's an issue with reading from the ecu on those I hear... 

Welcome Ref your Elm327

are you using the correct program for it if so then go into phone settings and under device name for your scanner turn off Mobile Data.

Note you can only have one program using your scanner at a time somtimes if using two programs and one crashes with engine off unplug odb2 device and reinsert.

Dont open phone until you plug into odb2 port and start engine.

If its a iPhone you using you can go to settings Blutooth and see if your device is located by ODB2 port or mfg name after that come out of settings as you cannot connect this way you have to start the software and connect to port this way.

Hope this helps.

14 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

Welcome Ref your Elm327

are you using the correct program for it if so then go into phone settings and under device name for your scanner turn off Mobile Data.

Note you can only have one program using your scanner at a time somtimes if using two programs and one crashes with engine off unplug odb2 device and reinsert.

Dont open phone until you plug into odb2 port and start engine.

If its a Iphone you using you can go to settings Blutooth and see if your device is located by ODB2 port or mfg name after that come out of settings as you cannot connect this way you have to start the software and connect to port this way.

Hope this helps.

Thanks. I'll try this. The gist of what you've said is Elm in, then start engine, then open app. Switch mobile data off. I think I've done every combo I could think of. But I'll give it a go. When rain finally stops 😂. Thanks for your input

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

Some ELM 327 devices are only compatable with Samsung phones others work with Samsung or Iphone.

I have only Samsung. Hate Apple 🍏 😂. And my Elm327 worked a treat on my last jdm. The sublime 350GT-8... 

2 hours ago, Edward F said:

The engine is the same as in the Prius I have been told.

The Prius used a different version of the NZ engine, so not exactly the same.

Topic moved to the Japanese Imports forum.

Just now, FROSTYBALLS said:

The Prius used a different version of the NZ engine, so not exactly the same.

Yes. Yep. I get all that. I was hoping to get some input on the post I raised tbh... 

When you plug the elm in, do all the leds light up ? check the DLC3 or OBD fuse is ok (will have to look at the wiring diagram) Edit. bottom row No. 24 may be marked ecu-b 17 on the left, 24 is about centre

https://toyota-club.net/files/techdata/fuse/raum_20.htm

stick your head under the dash and make sure it's not a dummy port or has something plugged in inline

Thanks buddy! Really appreciate the help. The leds won't all light up at all. Just one flashes on the box or goes solid. But essentially the Elm won't connect with the ecu at all... Its the correct oem obd2 port too... 

iirc it should have a solid red when powered, what type is it, wifi, BT or wired ?

You can check the connection and the elm device with elm372 identifier

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.applagapp.elm327identifier&hl=en&gl=US&pli=1

post a screenshot or version number

Wireless. No solid red that I recall from my Nissan days. But I'll try the Identifier given. Many thanks. 

It may be the app not seeing the Wi-Fi connection tap on the connection and set a static ip to something like 192.168.0.10

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

It may be the app not seeing the Wi-Fi connection tap on the connection and set a static ip to something like 192.168.0.10

My adress is but I just use it on automatic  IP 192,168,0,2

subnet mask 192,0,0,0

Diffrent addresses for diffrent devices MFG but still ELM327

The IP is assigned by dhcp, the app/phone may not handle the IP correctly, by setting it to a static ip it becomes are more stable, the elm interface is only low power Wi-Fi a stronger Wi-Fi connection can easily stomp all over it

an ip and subnet can be what ever you like within the assigned ranges 4 sets of 3 digits 0-255

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links