Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Auris no power atall, need advice please

Andrewk87

Hi All,

I was doing a little mod to my drivers side window/lock switch panel and I believe I believe (assume) I shorted 2 pins together on the white connector that connects to the back of the switch panel. I now have no power, car doesn't attempt to start, no green / orange leds on power button, can't even lock the car using my car key remote. Only thing that is working are the dome lights which are shining brightly!

I have tried to connect my Battery to a jump kit just incase but no difference, also I have a bluetooth Battery monitor which reports the Battery as being fine so I don;t think its the issue. The issue must be related to some sort of fuse (I hope), I tested all the small auto fuses in both fuse boxes with a continuity checker and everything seemed fine - I haven't tested any of the larger components in the fuse boxes though as unsure what they are and how to test them.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I have work on Monday and need the car!

Thanks,

Andrew

Just some additional info, no lights atall on the dash - but the small display on the dash does light up to show a door is open. Also when manually locking and unlocking the car using the pull out key blade via drivers door, it unlocks and locks all door via central locking, so that works normally - but no via remote on lock buttons on door panels

Andrew

Have you checked the door fuses located under the glove box unit you may have te remove a plastic cover then the fuse box cover.

Hi Derek,

I've tested all the small auto fuses in the fuse box under glovebox and in engine bay.

Thanks,

Andrew

After those check Door DBL fuse.

Maybe worth putting meter on ohms and just checking for continuity across fuses without removing them.

Or have you put a torch light on and take a good look for black blown fuses you may of knocked out more than one fuse like main power fuse 30A and a AMI fuse(engine control)

• Like 1

Hi there Andrew,

Looking on line it seems that your Auris being a 2012 is right on the change from the 1st Gen and 2nd Gen.

From my experience, not extensive, lots of modern vehicles have "fusible links" that are not in the usual fuse box locations. Having said that I can't see any reference to the Auris having fusible links.

You also don't mention if your vehicle is petrol/diesel or hybrid which will all have differences.

20 minutes ago, DerekHa said:

Looking on line it seems that your Auris being a 2012 is right on the change from the 1st Gen and 2nd Gen.

The second generation went on sale from December 2012.

you can swap any relays that are the same spec in engine compartment.

You have may two fuses boxes at opposite sides thats engine bay and cabin.

Any fuses bolted down first test for 12 volts and ground at both ends no voltage at one end then do a ohms test across it.

Some small fuses you can do the same test to pins as metal pins go to the top of the fuse.

13 hours ago, Derek.w said:

After those check Door DBL fuse.

Maybe worth putting meter on ohms and just checking for continuity across fuses without removing them.

Or have you put a torch light on and take a good look for black blown fuses you may of knocked out more than one fuse like main power fuse 30A and a AMI fuse(engine control)

I am going to check every fuse again today in the day light with my continuity meter, may even pull them out and visually inspect just to be 100% sure.

What is the door DBL fuse?

Thanks

3 hours ago, DerekHa said:

Hi there Andrew,

From my experience, not extensive, lots of modern vehicles have "fusible links" that are not in the usual fuse box locations. Having said that I can't see any reference to the Auris having fusible links.

You also don't mention if your vehicle is petrol/diesel or hybrid which will all have differences.

Hey,

Sorry I forgot to include that information,  I have a petrol Hybrid mk 1 - https://www.autogenius.info/toyota-auris-hybrid-mk1-2011-2012-fuse-box-diagram/

The fusible links sounds interesting, where would they be ?

Thanks

24 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

you can swap any relays that are the same spec in engine compartment.

You have may two fuses boxes at opposite sides thats engine bay and cabin.

Any fuses bolted down first test for 12 volts and ground at both ends no voltage at one end then do a ohms test across it.

Some small fuses you can do the same test to pins as metal pins go to the top of the fuse.

Ok I will report back in a hour or so abotu to try test everything again now.

Thanks

Hi Derekw/DerekHa,

Found the problem, One of the 10A ECU fuses! So much easier working in the daytime, found the problem when checking ground at both sides of fuse when connected to body of car. It's odd though because I was getting continuity across the the fuse directly (I'm sure I was - I've now binned the fuse!

Thanks for your help

Andrew

• Like 1

Hi Andrew,

glad you got it sorted eventually!

Like I said earlier, from what I can see online the Auris doesn't have a fusible (fused) link.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links