Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyres

excitroen

i Have a 71 yaris design

the tyres are Continental 195/55/16v eco 6, are their better alternatives ? Tread 3.3 so i will have to buy soon Toyota dealership wanted to fit davanti tyres @£102 each but i thought i would ask for advice.

thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Have a look at Black Circles, enter your registration and it will list a selection from cheap to expensive, summer, winter, all season etc etc.  It also has user votes.

Black Circles

You don't have to buy from them, but it gives you an easy reference.

I've used them a number of times and been very happy.

• Like 2

Hi, 

that’s a way too expensive for a budget  brand tyres. This size particularly are on the higher end.
There are some good deals though.  
Black circles has Hankook at £106 fitted per corner and these very good tyres indeed. https://www.blackcircles.com/catalogue/hankook/ventus-prime-3-k125/195/55/R16/W/87/f?tyre=39650656

or Goodyear https://www.atseuromaster.co.uk/tyres/goodyear/efficientgrip-performance-2/195-55-r16-87-w

But no offers on them here. Michelin also good but obviously the most expensive.
If me I will go for Hankook
Or here https://www.asdatyres.co.uk/195-55-16?speed=all&load_index=all

Avoid tyres with efficiency rating below C , D or F will kill your car inertia and reduce mpg. 

• Like 1

Continental are good. If you want to try something different I'd go with another well known brand like Dunlop, Michelin, Yokohama, Toyo, Nankang, Pirelli. All of which will be good for everyday driving.

• Like 1

I've used blackcircles.com many times for all kinds of tyres. Have them delivered to my favourite garage and let them fit it.

A tip: If you know of a good garage, contact them directly and see if they can beat Blackcircle's price. Often they will try. The only exception is if you buy Michelin since Blackcircles is owned by Michelin they can offer lower prices than most. Still worth pushing a bit 🙂 

• Like 1

Blackcircles and ATS Euromaster are owned by Michelin.

Colewood Automotive own eTyres, Asda Tyres, RAC Tyres, and Allstar Service Point.

Halfords own Halfords Tyres, Halfords Tyres on the Drive, and National Tyres & Autocare

• Thanks 1

Also -87V do i have to use the same weight speed rating?

also after the weight/speed rating ther are other combinations on some of the tyres i am looking at 71AB, XL72AB,CS ?

thanks again

Generally not advisable to go for a lower speed rating than than the original tyres.

The 71, 72, etc is the load index which provides the maximum load the tyre can carry in kg.  A tyre with a 71 load index means that the maximum load the tyre can take is 345kg, 72 is 355kg, 73 is 365kg, etc. Again not advisable to go for a lower load index than the original tyres.

XL means extra load - the tyres have been reinforced to accommodate heavier loads.

• Like 2

If needing only 2 tyres then probably best to get same conti. Often tyre places to have an offer of £20-30 off a pair. That profile is on the higher end of prices as mentioned, I'm going 205mm when the times come, (this is not a suggestion for u).

Frostyballs makes an excellent point about lower speed ratings.  We’re all trying to save money but I never compromise on tyre, brake and steering components.

Surprised no-ones mentioned Camskills, you have to factor in getting them fitted your self but the service is second to none and the prices are pretty good.

I've had 2 different variations of Kumho, on different cars btw and they're cracking value.

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m139b0s7952p0/All_Season_-_Four_Season_-_All_Weather_-_Car_MPV_Tyres_-_16_inch_R16_inch_-_195_55_16_195_55R16

These continentals have only done 15000 miles which doesn't seem a lot and down to 3.3 . Apparently when new they are a lot less to start with than the 8mm norm

Conti are about 6mm when new, but have excellent properties such as wear rate and traction. Budget tyres wear quicker as a rule of thumb, we always stock a premium and a budget of each popular size, our go to budget tyre is Nexen, good quality, no problems with them and reasonable price 

• Like 2

Mine came with Bridgestone with only 6.6mm. With a like for like tread depth, premiums last longer and perform better than budgets, obviously. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links