Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pre collision system

bob81

Have  been trying to fathom out settings  etc from the manual. Noticed that when I start the engine  the display tells  me ithat the PCS is OFF, but when getting into the settings menu it shows all related items are ON. This seems to  me is not correct. Any  advice would be grateful  before  contacting  my dealer. Thanks.

• Like 1

Think it does that on start up, the pcs is always on each time the car start, just as the Lane assist. 

Yes, it defaults to "On" whenever you turn the car on.

To be honest, after a couple of emergency stops, i soon got used to it and now just leave it on.

if you get the alarm sound and there's no real danger just dab the brakes a little

5 hours ago, bob81 said:

Have  been trying to fathom out settings  etc from the manual. Noticed that when I start the engine  the display tells  me ithat the PCS is OFF, but when getting into the settings menu it shows all related items are ON. This seems to  me is not correct. Any  advice would be grateful  before  contacting  my dealer. Thanks.

I suspect it's the 'bulb check'. I get all sorts of lights up when I turn on the ignition of my old MK3. I'll soon be in the market for a newer car and would love a definitive breakdown of what lights should come on as 'bulb checks' on different cars. It's so damn easy for an unscrupulous seller to blank out a warning light.

⁶thanks Mikw. Still confused are you saying that the display says off but when the engine is started and once moving it switches to on. Been in touch with my dealer rhey want the car in to check it out, think they haven't come across this query before and the manual does not help

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links