Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

So we bought also a IQ..

Dutchrav

Yes, we finally bought one. We did not really need it.. but always wanted one because they are so cute.

Few weeks ago one popped up.. IQ2, 2012, CVT, only 47K miles and it was a special Colour Edition in 4K3 Bronze Metallic (Light Cappuchino Metallic).
Original options were chrome side and rear moulding, door sills, dashbag, TNS510 with bluetooth and backup camera.
Our colour edition have some interior parts in gloss bronze colour and the luxury brown/black seats as more IQs have. They are heated too.

Does it needs work? Yes, his last service was 2 years ago so needs some refresh. Already replaced wipers, air filter and also interior filter (my back still hurts..) 
Oil, filter, spark plugs and brake fluid will be done by my garage. 

Maybe some members still know me from the blue RAV4 XA2 3door.. so this IQ will be same way perfect after im done. After 11 years its already creating a list:

- Spots/marks on top of headlights . DONE, polished them clear and clean again.
- Change left taillight for UK taillight so both are same. DONE, only need to replace a bulb for a red LED bulb.
- Replace drivers seat because on brown leather is missing a chip.
- Rear spoiler, wind deflectors, underseat active subwoofer... if i can find genuine ones.
- Upgrade the interior light

Just few pics.. more outside pics soon.

IMG_7662.thumb.JPG.fbf5caec71daa27a3370bdcb49c99f48.JPG

IMG_7664.thumb.JPG.15bd5635eb9b134369e213fadbca1022.JPG

IMG_7663.thumb.JPG.85b6abb055dc9ee0c2293e84c04a264e.JPG

• Like 6

I do like the IQs. They're just really bizarre cars to be in, as they have near-Avensis levels of interior refinement, spaciousness etc., and you almost feel like you're in a much bigger luxury car ... and then you look behind you and it's like half the car is missing :laugh: 

I wish the interior quality of my Mk4 was half as good!

If the government had any sense they would have given manufacturers and drivers incentives to buy such vehicles - In a city alone they would have reduced congestion and pollution significantly - but no instead they think up more jumped up levies to charge us with while they encourage everyone by example to get gigantic fuel-guzzling road-ripping SUVs to carry a single occupant a few miles.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

I do like the IQs. They're just really bizarre cars to be in, as they have near-Avensis levels of interior refinement, spaciousness etc., and you almost feel like you're in a much bigger luxury car ... and then you look behind you and it's like half the car is missing :laugh: 

I wish the interior quality of my Mk4 was half as good!

If the government had any sense they would have given manufacturers and drivers incentives to buy such vehicles - In a city alone they would have reduced congestion and pollution significantly - but no instead they think up more jumped up levies to charge us with while they encourage everyone by example to get gigantic fuel-guzzling road-ripping SUVs to carry a single occupant a few miles.

But most of the people who can afford to drive in the city tend to drive the larger gas guzzlers, rather than a smaller, more practical city car.

Which reminds me, the collective noun for a group of Investment Bankers is a "Wunch" (i.e., a wunch of bankers) 😁

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Dutchrav said:

Yes, we finally bought one. We did not really need it.. but always wanted one because they are so cute...

Great cars. Love mine. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Already a few weeks later.. its a dream to drive.

Rear spoiler found, its at the paintshop now.
Ordered a boot mat. Fits perfect with rear seats down.
Found genuine wind deflectors in Germany, mounted them last week.
Busy with interior light upgrade.. found a 3W downlight that fits perfect. Need some DIY still.
To be mounted : Tire pressure display from Yaris and USB ports from a Toyota Vigo.. both fits in center.
On its way : Philips LED HIR2 headlight bulbs.
Booked : Service for oil change and spark plug check.. if its no Denso then we replace them.

We´re almost there.. wish i can get my hand on a nice set of 16inch IQ3 alloy.. Very rare here so hard to find.

Meanwhile.. keep IQ-te! 

• Like 3

Tnx Flash22! But those wheels need all refurbishing.. with shipping, customs and vat way to expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

Got a service with new 0W30 oil, genuine filter and new spark plugs.
Installed Philips HIR2 LED bulbs. No 55w Hi-power set but looks much more fresh now.
Small parking lights swapped for Osram LEDrive SL 5W5
Rear spoiler mounted, paintshop did a perfect colourmatch
Got my hands on a black metallic rear skirt, they mounted it for me.
Found a set of IQ3 alloys in Germany, cleaned inside-out and looks great.

Now the rear have a black metallic skirt.. i want the grille also in that colour
..and a chrome tip for the exhaust.. and..

Oh my lord when does this updating-car-disease end..its a very little car but its already going like always..  😄

IMG_7772.thumb.JPG.4009d300fc60ec053fa2afce1160be4c.JPG

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Today we pulled the front bumper to remove the grille and foglight surrounds. Monday my paintshop is going to start paint them in 209 Black metallic. Same colour as the rear skirt is now.

The front is getting some more upgrades:
- The cute little horn.. its ok but will be replaced by something like a Stebel Nautilus.
- Foglights will be replaced by LED ones with a DRL light. Still have to sort out the wiring.
- Black mesh for upper and lower grille. For looks and to prevent a little stone smash the radiator once.
- Already done.. removed the front emblem and replaced for a Japanese "Toyota-Netz" one.

Also ordered a new set of genuine IQ velours mats.. waiting for delivery.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dutchrav said:

- The cute little horn.. its ok but will be replaced by something like a Stebel Nautilus.
- Foglights will be replaced by LED ones with a DRL light. Still have to sort out the wiring.
- Black mesh for upper and lower grille. For looks and to prevent a little stone smash the radiator once.
- Already done.. removed the front emblem and replaced for a Japanese "Toyota-Netz" one.

Interesting...

Yes, the horn is 'subtle'. The fog-lights: I fancy yellow LEDs.

Be interested to hear how you getonm with the black mesh - having just had to replace the condensor...

• Like 1

The black mesh is from aluminium and will be glued. In the past i did same with our RAV4 and used black mastic glue for windshields.

Today did another upgrade on the IQ.. a tire pressure display! It came from a Yaris and fits exactly in the floor console. set was with external sensors that come in stead of the valve caps. Took the 12v power from the sigarette lighter connector and it works ok. Now i can see the pressure each tire and get a warning when one of them gets low.

Forget to make pics.. but will make them soon!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Again no pics.. forgive me!

Today busy with front bumper. The black metallic gloss painted grille and foglight surrounds look awesome.
As the grilles and bumper is made of PP (Polypropylene) its very hard to glue something on it.. so did not proceed with mesh. A pity but dont want to take risk it comes loose.

Mounted new foglights with DRL lights also. It works but the wiring still need some work to make me feel happy with it. Have a strip of 10mm wide chrome trim added to the bumper to compensate the crome on side and rear.

Also mounted a Stebel Nautilus horn.. PHEEEEP!! Wow.. d*mn.. thats loud! Haha!!
As the IQ alreay have a relay for the horn, i just connected it as original one and upgraded the fuse to a 20A one. Same we did on both out hybrid Toyotas and it works fine for years now.

Promise for next post, pics!!

• Like 2

IMG_7836.thumb.JPG.d3f302c097fb7fb85a0c14815c341a6a.JPG

IMG_7839.thumb.JPG.7a373e527079c9b463f7401842c58ae8.JPG

Fresh painted grille and foglight surrounds. I choose same black metallic 209 colour as the rear skirt.
Added a chrome strip too. Now all sides have a chrome trim.

Foglights are LED and have a DRL light also. Power for the foglights come from original connector.
For the DRL i first used a ´DRL-controller´ that can be bought on aliexpress or Amazon.. it works well but did not like it have a permanent 12v from Battery on it. Somewhere i did not have full trust.

IMG_7830.thumb.JPG.abbf8f4513e567800ff25df9b120ab93.JPG

After some research and measurement i found the yellow wires in a connector located in the fusebox have a 12v volage when ignition is on. I used the yellow wire in the black connector. Peeled back the isolation tape to make a good tap from this wire.

IMG_7832.thumb.JPG.170347727989147b4a4a77e08292b6bd.JPG

I did not cut the wire. With lighter burned the isolation a bit, pulled isolation off (hot!) and twisted the tapwire in.
Then soldered this connection and wrapped it all firmly in isolation tape. Finally it looks like nothing happend there.
Now the DRL only getting 12v when ignition is on.

IMG_7845.thumb.JPG.493e09ebdd69a1a125552efa3f89cc4b.JPG

IMG_7846.thumb.JPG.e0769f706b1874699dc29b9d9c79469f.JPG

The looks are terriff-iq 😍

IMG_7833.thumb.JPG.779adccca54c9e2c938eabddca252206.JPG

Installed a Stebel Nautilus horn. Did not find a louder one..
Simple connection, little extend wire with crimp connector from original plug to the horn and grounded the other connection. As the IQ already have a relay for the horn i upgraded it to a 20A fuse. Works like a charm.

IMG_7829.thumb.JPG.cfef2bae9788641afdf4d749e3042fba.JPG

Another goodie added. Now with just a tap on the handle it blinks 4 times. The Easy Blink Module is a original Toyota partnumber (01830-15402-10) and fully plug-and-play. It is connected between original blinkrelay and the connector. Located behind the instrument cluster and very easy to install: Lower steeringwheel, pull cluster trim, 2 screws to take cluster away, unplug the blue connector from relay, plug blue connector in wiring loom, plug other connector from wiring loom back in relay and finally connect the Easy Blink box. 

IMG_7843.thumb.JPG.8dbfdb3bc8d73f5336ffbb0a7aff4e60.JPG

IMG_7840.thumb.JPG.ad83c1a5541a5974091288258d5b043d.JPG

Installed a TPMS display few weeks ago. Comes from a Yaris and fits perfect in center floor console. The 12v i tapped from sigarette lighter so it is only powered when ignition is on. This set works with external sensors.

What about that hole in center console with nothing in it? It is for a USB-A/USB-C charge unit that is on its way.

Where you bought this things?

Foglights : https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000065505197.html
TPMS display and sensors : https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005003334016562.html
Stebel Nautilus horn : Local carshop
Easy Blink module : Toyota dealer

Whats next? Still in the box a HUD that is OBD connected.. and hope to receive a genuine IQ exhaust tip this week.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Dutchrav said:

IMG_7836.thumb.JPG.d3f302c097fb7fb85a0c14815c341a6a.JPG

IMG_7839.thumb.JPG.7a373e527079c9b463f7401842c58ae8.JPG

Fresh painted grille and foglight surrounds. I choose same black metallic 209 colour as the rear skirt.
Added a chrome strip too. Now all sides have a chrome trim.

Foglights are LED and have a DRL light also. Power for the foglights come from original connector.
For the DRL i first used a ´DRL-controller´ that can be bought on aliexpress or amazon.. it works well but did not like it have a permanent 12v from battery on it. Somewhere i did not have full trust.

IMG_7830.thumb.JPG.abbf8f4513e567800ff25df9b120ab93.JPG

After some research and measurement i found the yellow wires in a connector located in the fusebox have a 12v volage when ignition is on. I used the yellow wire in the black connector. Peeled back the isolation tape to make a good tap from this wire.

IMG_7832.thumb.JPG.170347727989147b4a4a77e08292b6bd.JPG

I did not cut the wire. With lighter burned the isolation a bit, pulled isolation off (hot!) and twisted the tapwire in.
Then soldered this connection and wrapped it all firmly in isolation tape. Finally it looks like nothing happend there.
Now the DRL only getting 12v when ignition is on.

IMG_7845.thumb.JPG.493e09ebdd69a1a125552efa3f89cc4b.JPG

IMG_7846.thumb.JPG.e0769f706b1874699dc29b9d9c79469f.JPG

The looks are terriff-iq 😍

IMG_7833.thumb.JPG.779adccca54c9e2c938eabddca252206.JPG

Installed a Stebel Nautilus horn. Did not find a louder one..
Simple connection, little extend wire with crimp connector from original plug to the horn and grounded the other connection. As the IQ already have a relay for the horn i upgraded it to a 20A fuse. Works like a charm.

IMG_7829.thumb.JPG.cfef2bae9788641afdf4d749e3042fba.JPG

Another goodie added. Now with just a tap on the handle it blinks 4 times. The Easy Blink Module is a original Toyota partnumber (01830-15402-10) and fully plug-and-play. It is connected between original blinkrelay and the connector. Located behind the instrument cluster and very easy to install: Lower steeringwheel, pull cluster trim, 2 screws to take cluster away, unplug the blue connector from relay, plug blue connector in wiring loom, plug other connector from wiring loom back in relay and finally connect the Easy Blink box. 

IMG_7843.thumb.JPG.8dbfdb3bc8d73f5336ffbb0a7aff4e60.JPG

IMG_7840.thumb.JPG.ad83c1a5541a5974091288258d5b043d.JPG

Installed a TPMS display few weeks ago. Comes from a Yaris and fits perfect in center floor console. The 12v i tapped from sigarette lighter so it is only powered when ignition is on. This set works with external sensors.

What about that hole in center console with nothing in it? It is for a USB-A/USB-C charge unit that is on its way.

Where you bought this things?

Foglights : https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000065505197.html
TPMS display and sensors : https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005003334016562.html
Stebel Nautilus horn : Local carshop
Easy Blink module : Toyota dealer

Whats next? Still in the box a HUD that is OBD connected.. and hope to receive a genuine IQ exhaust tip this week.

Fantastic! I am going to read this lots of times, to see which ideas I can steal! You're not good for me!

• Haha 2

Its a Stebel Nautilus

More work on the list!!

Received a new genuine exhaust tip for 1.0 with rear skirt
Also a USB-A/USB-C module that fits center floor console
Also gloss black licence plate holders
Also i noticed my foglights with DRL are upside down.. i switched L-R
Also need to install a relay to auto switch off the DRL when using low beam (its a MOT rule here)
Also it needs a good handwash

Even with small car like the IQ.. There is too less time in a weekend!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dutchrav said:

More work on the list!!

Received a new genuine exhaust tip for 1.0 with rear skirt
Also a USB-A/USB-C module that fits center floor console
Also gloss black licence plate holders
Also i noticed my foglights with DRL are upside down.. i switched L-R
Also need to install a relay to auto switch off the DRL when using low beam (its a MOT rule here)
Also it needs a good handwash

Even with small car like the IQ.. There is too less time in a weekend!

I'd like to see a photo of the USB module.

• Like 1

Some new and random upgrade pics for this sunday.

IMG_7856.thumb.JPG.79ed6ca8648aa522080391d8364b879f.JPG

Genuine exhaust tip mounted.

IMG_7861.thumb.JPG.bbe6485ba243439b0a6142852e67893e.JPG

USB A+C outlet with red voltmeter

IMG_7864.thumb.JPG.7fe3bdc8fe76f2bbba24a072b471f85c.JPG

Genuine JDM ´Netz´ logo on the front

IMG_7865.thumb.JPG.de88ada30af405b3bef8c6fcec0226eb.JPG

UK version left taillight and used a red LED bulb for foglight.
Both sides have only red part on top now.

IMG_7866.thumb.JPG.8b339c2e15be75dc3035dc1534965a15.JPG

Genuine wind deflectors

IMG_7867.thumb.JPG.36d6f638d2d27ee85967a97a580cbd68.JPG

Genuine load cover. Did not have it but a fellow IQ driver had two and gave me one for free. 

IMG_7863.thumb.JPG.4ba7607638d1fa2b28595e7f5735cf9e.JPG

Remounted the DRL foglights (had L+R switched last week)

IMG_7872.thumb.JPG.8d81ffa27b532a15b9177cf92bd1fac2.JPG

Have HUD added, works with OBD port connector.
Shows speed, rpm and coolant temperature.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Found the genuine accessory parts in Germany. Rear skirt used from scrapyard. Foglights and other electrics Amazon/Aliexpress, Front JDM emblem from Amayama. Taillight from eBay UK.

• Like 1

Last upgrade for this year.. a Landcruiser part! Fits like a glove.

IMG_7919x.thumb.jpg.52060a464aa786e3d9b2256522fbc5a5.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

New year, new upgrades!

I got my hands on a original underseat subwoofer. Only the Y-connectors on the radio side are cut off.
Does the TNS510 use this 10-pin connector for power and front Speakers?

sub5.thumb.jpg.b1b0ed7fdce57cbf473b6f109e24865d.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Another update done!

Connected the wiring loom to the Ali Express extension cable shown above.
The original underseat subwoofer fits perfect under passenger seat and works like a charm.

toyotasub.thumb.jpg.92cb9b8439290c9b357dc4fd0bf836aa.jpg

Next update!
Ordered a red LED T20/7440 bulb for the foglight but received a set of orange/amber ones.
Got a refund for it but gave the orange ones a try for the front turnlights. No hyperflashing and produce a lot of light!
So if you want plug-and-play LED bulbs for your turnlights, search for Vanssi X20-series bulbs with 7440/T20 base.

LINK : https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005002882307349.html

Meanwhile i am waiting to receive all parts for the front camera. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links